Sign in to follow this  
Guest takki113

To all you real life pilots...

Guest takki113

Tim,I have hade a big computer problem since day 1 and no one can seem to fix it so maybe you can shareyour knowledge, when flying MSFS2004 I can't set the visibility below 10 miles or even at 10 miles, if I do the aricraft turns invisible and everything is weird, like all the runway textures flicker and dissapear also from time to time how can I fix this.

Guest Knikolaes

I have tyo add to my response earlier by adding this:JUMP ON YOUR DREAM WHILE YOU STILL CAN!LOL I am about to celebrate my 30th birthday in just over 2 months' time, and am starting to graple the realization that I made too many financial mistakes to ever get an ATP. Sure, my record is clear and I have a great work history, but flight schools only work with private lenders, so you cannot rely on the Pell Grant or Stafford Loan to get you through flight school. The government will not recognize those because an ATP is NOT a degree program. HOWEVER the Pell Grant WILL work for degrees in aviation for ground type jobs, such as mechanic, so i suggest taking full advantage of whatever financial assistance you can get BEFORE you end up with the bad credit. It is a result of my Credit that in the last week I decided just to settle for a degree in CIS or computer graphics design and to at best hope for a PPL and IFR certification to just fly for enjoyment.Of course this is purely my doing, and I was the one that made the mistake of hesitating before acting, and now am too old to be able to get into aviation with a hope of retiring from the industry later on. So keep your chin up and take what you can while you can. I suggest immediately going for a degree and getting into the flight training as soon as you graduate.For right now, in High School, keep those grade averages maxed. Do so and you'll have scholerships flying at you from everywhere. I was fortunate enough to have had a father that was a 5th Grade school teacher, who specialized in Science, so my studies stayed high and I had opportunities I should have jumped on.Look into grants, scholerships, and as advised above, a non-aviation related degree as well just to have a cushion to fall back on for many reasons.Flying is an addiction -- a good one -- and the training for it is something you have to jump on before that addiction slips away to just a dream.

Guest delta_one

>>I have hade a big computer problem since day 1 and no one can>seem to fix it so maybe you can shareyour knowledge, when>flying MSFS2004 I can't set the visibility below 10 miles or>even at 10 miles, if I do the aricraft turns invisible and>everything is weird, like all the runway textures flicker and>dissapear also from time to time how can I fix this.Not really sure on why that is but maybe you could try a re-install of FS9 again and also update your video card drivers to a newer release?David

enjoyed reading this thread. what's the update ANt? did you end up pursuing an aviation career track?