Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeno Forizs

Widescreen displays

Guest Jeno Forizs

Hello,I'd like to ask if there will be any panels designed for widescreen displays? ( in the upcoming products ) My display's resolution is 1680x1050, so, the current panels looks strange with those ovals which should be circles. Of course, I can resize the panel, but that's not a nice solution for me.Thanks,Jeno

Guest Ray CYYZ

Same request here with my 23" 1920 x 1200 ... would love to see a wide cockpit instead of a stretched cockpit.Ray

Guest jpsulliv

That "strange" native resolution is why I passed on the nice and well-priced Dell 2005FPW. I want a 1920 x 1200 monitor like the new Dell 2405FPW, but then I would need to buy a beefier graphics card to drive it properly, meaning something like a $1500 investment. So for now, it's not for me. I did go ahead and get the Dell 1905FP (native res is 1280 x 1024), which is a beautiful display and it will work very, very well as a second monitor when I do finally spring for a widescreen. This monitor does scale very well even when the application isn't capable of performing at 1280 x 1024, but I understand your concern: for best results, a digital display needs to be driven at its native resolution.There are already several games and applications that can handle widescreen displays, including FS2004. Just be mindful of the graphics horsepower you're going to want when driving it at its native resolution.- Justin