Sign in to follow this  
Guest Code_1047

PMDG 747 \ gates.to

Guest Code_1047

PMDG's new project looks like a concept that will be very popular among the thousands of flight simmers all over the world. Simultaneously, a fresh software development group is developing a concept they've named Gates.to/FSNet. Gates.to allows two (or more) simmers to control the same aircraft. In other words, one can be the captain and the second can be the co-pilot. The software is allready published as a beta version, and it works pretty well. The unfortunate is that all buttons and complicated functions are not synchronized properly. If one of the players are setting up the FMC, the other player will not see what he have done. But if he starts an enginge on a default Cessna the other player will notice imediatly. Obviously, advanced aircraft software must built with compability with Gates.to. Gates.to is allready looking for co-operators. If the 747 had a gates.to compability, I think it will be a lot more popular.My question is: Will the 747 be compatible with gates?If you want to check out gates.to. Follow this link.www.gates.to

Guest Knikolaes

WOW! That looks bloody awesome (the Gates bit)

Guest maraja

>Maybe a better question would be, "is Gates compatible with>the PMDG 747"? ;-)>>Best,>>Vin Scimone>PMDGHi Vin,quoting the aircraft sdk for fsnet, aka: "FSNet Panel Compatibility Specifications" or PCSFSNet is primarily concerned with synchronizing input panel statuses, leaving as much as possible any output to FS itself (under the assumption that, if inputs are the same, outputs will be the same or at least similar enough). The only output which is 'manually' tweaked by FSNet is the aircraft position.That said, an FSNet-compatible panel is mainly a panel which:a) :( -> properly reacts to KEY_xxxx events it receives (this is needed as the remote FSNet will forward those events to FS)end quoteAs you can see, to make an aircraft 100% fsnet compatible, its only a matter to generate and read a new key event. FSNet is actually programmed to be able to handle 4096 events in addition to the default ones (I mean the ones used in the default aircraft): in case this is not sufficient for your panels we can easily increase this figure up to your needs :)I suggest to have a look at the [a href=http://www.gates.to/LoadPage.php?page=AMC_Partner]FSNet Panel Compatibility Specifications[/a] document. This will give you a clear idea about how much (small amount of) time it will be required to implement FSNet compatibility in your great panels.Let me also underline that gates.to is open to cooperate with you to easy and speed-up the FSNet compatibilization (!) process: let's talk when you like ;-)Best regards,Ugo Grandoliniavatar_ug.jpg" border="0http://www.gates.to - http://www.marcelino.org - http://www.grandolini.net

Guest Knikolaes

hee hee -- very nice :-)

Guest cathay

Brilliant,very brilliant minds at Gates.to.I hope Pmdg will spend so few time to make the queen compatible with that revolutionary software named FSNET.