Sign in to follow this  
Guest teeloo

Beta testing 747 with PS1 manual

Guest teeloo

Testing the PMDG 747 alongside with the PS1 manual would be the most intersting test!That's what I think.Hello all.I normally don't write much on this forum. I think PMDG should simply do it's work without us asking their #### off! ;-)However after them releasing the Beta version of PMDG744 to the Beta testers, I am suprised after all the promisses of the product in the past (and there where a few!), that none of the Beta testers has opened the PS1 manual and step by step checked if all of the goodies in that book, are all in the new PMDG744 software.Afterall it claims to be more detailed then PS1 ... technically... not visually.Now I know that it hasn't been out long, but counting the many Beta testers.... and the weekend available... I'd tear the software apart during a single day, unscrewing every panel, to see if it is all it is aclaimed for!The failures panel on the PMDG744 sounds very promissing.All I'd like to know from Beta team: can I use PS1 manual 1:1 on PMDG-747?regardsTeeloo

>none of the Beta testers has opened the PS1 manual How do you know this :-hmmmMichael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest A32X

>Testing the PMDG 747 alongside with the PS1 manual would be>the most intersting test!>That's what I think.>>Hello all.>I normally don't write much on this forum. I think PMDG should>simply do it's work without us asking their #### off! ;-)>>However after them releasing the Beta version of PMDG744 to>the Beta testers, I am suprised after all the promisses of the>product in the past (and there where a few!), that none of the>Beta testers has opened the PS1 manual and step by step>checked if all of the goodies in that book, are all in the new>PMDG744 software.>Afterall it claims to be more detailed then PS1 ...>technically... not visually.>>Now I know that it hasn't been out long, but counting the many>Beta testers.... and the weekend available... I'd tear the>software apart during a single day, unscrewing every panel, to>see if it is all it is aclaimed for!>>The failures panel on the PMDG744 sounds very promissing.>All I'd like to know from Beta team: can I use PS1 manual 1:1>on PMDG-747?>>regards>Teeloo>> >Fantastic question Teeloo. We wait for a response. :-)

Teeloo,I think most of the beta testers actually uses the real manuals for reference. Less inaccuracy that way. ;-)And we are getting a tremendous amount of help from the real-world 744 drivers on the team. One recently got back from a flight and could report on some tests done on the real thing during his flight. Cheers,

Also - you do realize that PMDG *WROTE* PS1's manual don't you? They've already been through it a million times in alpha before handing the airplane to us - how else could they legitmately claim that it was more detailed than PS1? :-hmmm

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

"... how else could they legitmately claim that it was more detailed than PS1?"huh? maybe I am wrong here, but they never have that I am aware of.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>Also - you do realize that PMDG *WROTE* PS1's manual don't>you? They've already been through it a million times in alpha>before handing the airplane to us - how else could they>legitmately claim that it was more detailed than PS1? :-hmmmPlus the PS1 manual does not explain how to fly the plane or how systems work and why.:) It is an owners manual. The FMC chapter is a little under 40 pages and not one word on how to enter a flight plan manually. :)I was also aware that the PMDG wrote the book on the PS1 :) and assume they have used real references to build their version. The beta testers are more likely to find "undocumented features" while executing normal and abnormal procedures than system nuances. That is the job for subject matter experts. (real Captains, FO's). The PS1 simulator and guide will be an excellent reference for comparing primary systems parameters and major systems. (i.e. hydraulics, pneumatics, power plant etc).Bob...

Guest teeloo

Hi gents.Thanks for all the comments.I am aware of all of this, just trying to get some Beta reports!I agree it'll take a while to check everything.However apart from a visual goodies on this new plane, I think the the real goodies are the system simulations.Looking forward to some reports on thatregardsTeeloo

Guest teeloo

>How do you know this :-hmmmThey might have opened it, but I am talking reports on the forum. :-)Teeloo

Guest teeloo

Please don't forget your name under the message ! ;-)Teeloo

It **fixes** some bugs from PS1 in some areas for the PMDG 744. PS1 is great, really an awesome sim and the PMDG will push FS to the limit but do not expect 100% from any sim although expect the most detailed 744 ever for FS ;-) [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Babubhai

I was looking at some previous posts made ages ago and I came across this post by Robert S. Randazzo;"-Onboard system simulation => PS1: Already done...."and"The mechanical and flight systems modeling used in the PMDG 747-400 represents truly "CBT" (Computer Based Training) quality simulation technology.....................When compared to some well known, significantly more expensive software suites, the PMDG 747-400 is more comprehensive and more accurate in it's representation of the sophisticated 747-400 airplane."quoted from the PMDG websiteI hope the expectations are met.

Guest teeloo

ah! thanks for lifting that out of the archives! ;-)Teeloo

Guest teeloo

I see, sounds good to me!No I won't blame anyone if the build in maint. fax is not simulated :-)Just currious as to how the PMDG744 performs in comp. to PS1Thanks for the insight Randy!Teeloo

Guest Tim W

>I normally don't write much on this forum. I think PMDG should>simply do it's work without us asking their #### off! ;-)TeelooIn your first post, you say the above and there after you are constantly pestering them for beta reports on the forum. Why can't you just leave them to get on with their job and be patient, as far as I can see they are competent enough to know what they are doing. CheersTim