Sign in to follow this  
Guest teeloo

Beta testing 747 with PS1 manual

Gents-For the most part, our beta team is using actual production, training, operation and maintenance testing manauls during this beta teast...."Twisting the facts" appears to be a favorite passtime in this forum lately, doesn't it?Couple of items:Aside from a single sentence in a post 3 months ago in which i state clearly in response to a repeated user request that the systems model in this simulator is more complete than PS1, there has been no reference made in comparison to PS1. (A few have made comparison to PS1 in the second quote- but PS1 was not specifically named....If that had been my intention i would have done so, eh?)Those of you new to PMDG and this forum might not be aware, but we do not encourage "my sim vs. your sim" conversations in this forum.The context of which simulation is better, whether it be PMDG vs. PS1 or PMDG vs. LDS or some other format is pedantic to the point of rediculum. "Better" is a contextual reasoning comparison that is based on upon personal opinion- and what is "better" for one person might be worse for another...So please folks, lets not get too deep into such discussion, as they only succeed to incite emotions from folks who gain portions of their identity/value from the simulation they support.... It's simply not a productive use of time. ;-)To clarify a few details before they become points of argument:1) The PS1 manual was written by Aerowinx.2) The PS1 User's Guide was written by PMDG as an aftermarket item to enhance user's understanding of the airplane simulation.In order to encompass all that this airplane has to offer, we have to expand the PS1 User's Guide rather significantly... BUt lets be fair here: PS1 does not include the entire cockpit in it's representation of the 744 due to the limitations/age of the interface. We are able to do so, so clearly there is more territory to cover...Some users will enjoy one more than another- some users will enjoy both.... Please do not use this forum to increase/decrease the contribution of either.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Babubhai

I did not "twist" any facts just copied and pasted a few comments, which I came across :)btw this was the whole comment"-Onboard system simulation => PS1: Already done.... The only thing left to install is pressurization. Yes- I'm dreading that one because of the mathematics involved... but that's all that's left. As the system's programmer- I think I can say with measured authority that the 744 has not been modeled this well in MSFS- and in many aspects it is more complex than other traditionally accepted simulations out there..."just curious to know what other simulations are we talking about...I dont want to get into an arguement which is better, I wanted to know how the PMDG 747 stands against other products.

Guest teeloo

Nice words Robert!I read your Beta team progress report just now, and read so more Beta reports (mainly JR's).You won't hear me for a while ;-)regardsTeeloo

Awais"just curious to know what other simulations are we talking about..."There are other 747 sims out there, I have 2 of them. One is for 747-200 RFP and the other 747-400 PSS. Both are good sims.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K