Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

to answer 744 beta questions

Gang,To quickly address questions posted in many threads.Its worth pointing out that in addition to the PMDG development team, the beta team has a very large component of airline pilots (yep 744) and Boeing engineers, in addition to seasoned simmers who beta tested the NG and learnt a lot during that process.So, to answer the questions on system accuracy from many of you, there has been an extremely intricate modelling of aircraft systems, the more you look, the more you find in the modelling. Lots of little nuances of systems that bring a big grin to the face and "oh wow, that works properly, great to see them putting that in" I dont want to spoil PMDG's thunder so I wont mention those things in detail, but suffice to say there is an awful lot of custom code to get around FS limitations that adds a whole new dimension of realism.I have been overwhelmed by the realism. Those of us who have had the great pleasure to fly the real 747 feel right at home in this cockpit, be it 2D pilots, first officer seat, a superlative VC or reaching up to the overhead :)Everyone in the development process, be it developer, advisor or beta tester have put their heart and soul into making an airplane that is very very special. There is a huge personal passion from everyone. That has shown through in everything from 3D modelling, to systems, to panel design etc.Despite all this, frame rates in all views have exceeded that of the NG, in my personal experience.The bottom line is that everyone involved has done everything in their power to bring you the best 744 they could make.take careJane-Rachel

- Jane Whittaker

Guest teeloo

I AM SIMPLY IMPRESSED BY THAT MESSAGE ALONE!!!RegardsTeeloo

Guest teeloo

Uh, on a possitive side of course!! ;-)Teeloo

Yeah just to echo what JR is saying, this is one amazing aircraft. Everyone is seriously going to be blown away by what PMDG has accomplished here. The level of realism is totally unmatched in anything else out there right now. It's quite an honor to be involved in such a project!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

bear in mind gang, there is an awful lot we all want to tell you about that excites us just as much as Im sure it will excite you all.For obvious reasons, in deference to PMDG, we are very careful in forum in what we discuss. In deference to yourselves, I for one, want you all to have the surprises and big smiles that we all did when we first got this bird on the tarmac.None of us want to spoil the fun you will all have exploring this remarkable aircraft. We dont want to unwrap the gift before we give it to you ;)Rob Randazzo to his credit, throughout development, has encouraged us to be honest and forthright. Those of you who know Rob, will recognise he is a straight talker! So Ryan and I are not talking as some "cynical marketing hype" we are all talking from a deeply help personal conviction and passion in this aircraft.Jane-Rachel

- Jane Whittaker

Guest teeloo

Understood Beta team! :-)Teeloo

Hi Jane-Rachel,Thank you for your very informative account of the testing phase, it is very much appreciated!My question is about the methodology of the testing:Since there are so many things to test on this magnificent aircraft, is there an actual group testing schedule where different people are dealing with different functionalities on the aircraft?Or is it just left up to each beta tester to make whatever testing decisions they feel important?Thanks again for the info!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I am not really the person to answer this question. Thats really down to Robert R to discuss with you. However, I will comment that the testing process is carefully thought out and highly professional, making use of the realworld pilots, simmers, and everyones strengths and weaknesses. Be sure that its a structured regime, that is being handled methodically and properly.As to the specifics of that, thats not really something thats my place to comment on, the mechanics of all these things is something for Robert to discuss and of course he has commercial considerations with respect to techniques too. So sorry its not really anything Im in a position to discuss, but please set your mind at rest everything is being done to a precise plan.Jane-Rachel

- Jane Whittaker

Guest RAR_Fan

Overall, could you guesstimate a go-live date at this point?Gerry

Jane-Rachel,Thanks for the extra info, methodically and properly was what I was looking for!All the best!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Babubhai

Feedback seems to be very positive, lets wait and see...Request; 1 screenshot of the 2d overhead panel in daytime. LOL please someone...

Gerry, again a "go live date" is not for me to discuss. I think it has been said though, from many sources that everyone wants to get things absolutely right. All those sort of questions really fall at the domain of the PMDG team, and they will tell you the same thing, once everything has been checked, double checked, checked again. Testers and advisors are not privvy to release dates or all the commercial aspects, thats down to PMDG.Awais, showing my ignorance, I have no idea how to embed screenshots into messages, but I will ask in the group for someone to answer your request :)Jane-Rachel

- Jane Whittaker

Aaah, that answers the price question! Freeware! :-lol :-lol :-lol Just kidding, couldn't resist.Looking forward to it anyhow!Best,Martijn

Guest Agamemnon

JaneWell what you have said appeals to me as a hardcore simmer that has been in the hobby since "91" but I have to tell you that I am going to wait on this one a bit.I bought the NG on the day it was released and it was quite frankly terrible and it took entirely too long to fix it to the version that we all respect today.I sincerely hope PMDG has learned from the past and will not repeat the mistakes that it made with the "NG" and I will be waiting for the finished product for as long as it takes for PMDG to do it.Troy

Guest Boaz

"I AM SIMPLY IMPRESSED BY THAT MESSAGE ALONE!!!" me tooooooooooo!!!! I think I am sooooo looooking forward, and with high hopes!I have difficulty flying the NG in VC, so I hope the B744 will have better fps... Jane mentioned they would exceed the NG, but how much? 1 or 10? :-)You are living up to every kind of expectation, and Jane thank you SO much for letting us waiting fans know that all looks perfect!Boaz...