Sign in to follow this  
russellj

737 & Windows XP Pro x64

I'm trying to install this into a trial version of Windows XP Pro x64 and the install programi is hanging.The installer shows Skipping File:D:WINDOWSFontsLucon.ttfThe progress gragh shows the first bar only.Any help would be greatly appreciated.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)PS I have just installed the 1900D without any problems.

I don't think 64-bit Windows is a supported platform...- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest Just747-400

You would think that all the fonts are available, but that

Thanks to the great support from PMDG I now have my 737 all installed and running.It turned out to be a permissions Issue. I logged in as administrator and the install worked perfectly.Great work guys.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Alex, how is Win 64 in general? One can always dual boot with win xp pro right? I have an AMD 64 and was curious about that system anyways but am not looking forward to spending much $$$ on a OS that is not up to the task just yet when it comes to drivers etc.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Just747-400

I say maybe 2 to 5% faster on Word and Excel, it has the Explorer in 32 and 64 bit, so 2 versions, on Explorer 64 it is a gain of at least 10% versus the 32 bit and 2 folders for program files. Actually it does the differential on the programs for 32 and 64 in the folders. Other than that I hate to say but I wasted the money, maybe for somebody interested in security it could be to some benefit.I was missed informed about the people saying that is faster on the Flight Simulator.Regards,Alex

Randy,I've installed WinXP 64bit about two weeks ago and so far I am more or less happy with it. While it is true that there are still many problems with drivers (always loose Anti-Aliasing in MSFS when on max. setting / no sound on side and rear speakers with Audigy 2 in MSFS) there is indeed some performance gain with MSFS. While the fps remained around the same as with 32bit, loading times and especially texture loading times have increased enormously. This is particularly noticable when using photo sceneries and/or a huge amount of AI-traffic.So if you have a 64bit CPU go ahead and invest the money. But be aware of some driver flaws still existing. Nevertheless it does not prevent me from flying in MSFS, it's just not as good (yet) as it could be.My system:AMD64 4000+GeForce 6800 Ultra2GB DDR-RAM CL2Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS2x 160GB S-ATA RAID 0Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard