Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

How is Beta Testing Going?

>They've said that it will be framerate friendly so perhaps>the small size of download is an indication of the techniques>they've used to keep it detailed, yet small and therefore>framerate friendly (I hope :))That also crossed my mind. Perhaps there is a correlation between the small download size and frame rate friendliness.Michael J.

Guest Robin.B

>Robin->>Right now the product is 50MB large. I expect marginally more>growth, and expect to conclude around 60MB...>>RSR>>Wow, you never cease to amaze me! Such a fantastic product ranking up right at the top with the LDS 767 and yet less than half the filesize! :(

Guest Robin.B

>One more question though. How big will the package be once>it's installed?Aha, maybe that's what PMDG intended... 60MB download - 10GB install with some clever compression techniques :-lol

Guest phil316

Does the game come with a free DVD of a 747 flight with real pilots talking you through proceedures etc. Do we get any video clips with the game :)I know you guys allready have your hands full but it would just be the icing on the cake for this product. (I'd even pay more for it too) ;)

>I know you guys allready have your hands full but it would>just be the icing on the cake for this product. (I'd even pay>more for it too) ;)Then pay more and get yourself DVD from ITVV, even today. It is hard to beat this DVD featuring real pilots, real 744, real flight and real procedures.Michael J.

I agree Michael,The ITVV Virgin Atlantic 747-400 DVD is fantastic and should be MANDATORY viewing for anyone who wants to take a serious approach to real world procedures. The price may seem high but in fact it is a bargain for the quality you receive.I wonder how many maiden PMDG744 flights will be Heathrow to San Francisco?Also if you order from their own site they have fast delivery. I ordered on a Monday and received on a Saturday, and that's half way around the world!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>The ITVV Virgin Atlantic 747-400 DVD is fantastic and should>be MANDATORY viewing for anyone who wants to take a serious>approach to real world procedures. I was trying to convince Randy that it should be mandatory viewing for any 744 beta tester who is not a real 744 driver. ;)>Also if you order from their own site they have fast delivery.>I ordered on a Monday and received on a Saturday, and that's>half way around the world!Mine also arrived very fast to the yet another side of the world - California.Michael J.

Guest brettdonahue

Must have been delivered on the "Queen" Small download must mean flies fast.

Guest sams

HiSorry, maybe this question was mentioned before!But will there be a boxed version of the B747-400?I hope so!Best RegardsMichael

I think most of the games have boxed versions...only a few decades later then the download version. :(

I double posted again.. BAN ME :(

G-MIDY/Lawrence Ashworth :-scatterAMD 3000+ | 6800GT | 1GB GeiL |

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Hehe thanks for the update guys, best of luck with the testing lets hope she pulls through beyond your expectations.. ;)Cheers

G-MIDY/Lawrence Ashworth :-scatterAMD 3000+ | 6800GT | 1GB GeiL |

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Guest DEFreDS

Hi!Great to hear it's coming along good. What about the virtual cabin. Will there be one? Will it be two decks as in the real thing or is the model already maxed out too much for that? Will there be a cargo version of the 744 later on?CheersFred