Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

Multiple Monitors

I have just added another monitor to my Radeon 9800 video card but I am having some problems setting up a dual monitor set up with PMDG 737 800 and therefore I have some questions:1. If I undock the overhead in windowed mode and move it to the second monitor, the moment I un-window the computer, the overhead reverts to the primary monitor.2. Is there a way of having FS Nav on the second monitor.3. I have tried to put servoinfo on the second monitor, but as soon as I start FS9, I get an access violation warning and my system freezes.I have searched the multiple monitor queries on the forum and understand that not all my queries realte directly to PMDG but any advice would be appreciated.ThanksRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Guest rcarlson123

I seem to remember reading somewhere that in order to use multiple monitors while in full-screen mode you need to set up the window layout in windowed mode, then save the flight, then switch to full screen mode, then reload the saved flight. I've never tested this, since I always run multi-monitor in windowed mode, so that I can have charts and other programs open on a third monitor, but give it a try.

Renzo,I have used mutiple monitors running off my NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT for some time now with no problems in either full screen or windowed mode. I also use dual monitors for all other windows operations and, again, have had no problems.Did you check the mutiple monitor box in the PMDG menu. If not go to the PMDG pulldown menu choose -->styles-->various-->Allow undockable Overhead Panel (MULTI-MONITOR users ONLY) and make sure the box is checked.Hope this helps.John EDMONDSONYBBN

Thanks for the advice. I have tried saving the set-up in windowed mode but when i revert to full screen mode, the panels return to my main monitor and my second monitor is left blank.Yes I have clicked the undockable overhead panel button notwithstanding that it is the throttle and FMC panels that I am trying to move, but to no avail.IU thought the Radeon 9800 was supposed to be a really good card so I am surprised I am having these problems. I don't know if this is a videocard, monitor, Windows XP or PMDG problem.RegardsRenzo

Bill Miller

Guest rcarlson123

I have the same card, Radeon 9800 Pro, and it works fine here. Normally I use windowed mode, though. But I do distinctly remember trying it in full screen mode, and it worked fine. I just had to use the "save flight" method I described earlier.Do you have the latest video drivers? I'm using Catalyst ver 10 I believe.

Hi Ross,Could you recommend where I could get hold of the Catalyst ver 10 driver you refer to for my Radeon 9800 card.ThanksRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Stupid question, from the ATI website of course!RegardsRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Well, I downloaded the new driver for my video card and it did the trick.Thanks for the suggestion.Renzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller