Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stefan Bergert

bit OT: Bulfers FMC guide 737 and 737NG

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi everybody :-) I want to order the famous FMC user's guide for the 747/777/767 and 757 and while I was visiting the homepage I noticed that there are also FMC-manuals for the 737 (from the -300 up to 900) and the 737NG. Now I'm asking myself why one would only order the 737NG manual when the other 737 manual also includes the NG-series (and also the -300 to -500). The price is the same so is there really much more said about the NG in the 737NG-manual? Anybody here who owns or knows them and can post his comments about the differences of the 737 "all types"-manual and the "NG only"-version? Best regards, Stefan Bergert

I have the NG one. It was used much for the 737 PMDG (At least by me ;-) ) the other ones that contain many might have more limited resources but since I do not own the others this is only a guess. Well worth it though for any of his books..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest tmetzinger

Bill used to only offer one 737 FMC guide - for the Smiths FMC on the 737. The NG-only guide drops a lot of stuff from earlier software revisions that are only found on earlier airplanes and offers some revisions from the big guide - I'm going to order the update to the NG guide today.He offers two cockpit companions as well, and they're set up the same way, one big book covering everything, and a smaller one covering just the NG. I highly recommend the cockpit companion in addition to the FMC guide.

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi Timothy!So you would recommend buying the NG-version (if you had to chose one), because it also describes the Smiths FMC but leaves out earlier revisions of the software and offers more info, right?"I'm going to order the update to the NG guide today."What is this update? Is it like buying the old 737 "all models" FMC-guide and then upgrading to the NG-guide for less money?StefanBTW: thanks so far!

Guest frankathl

Hi Stefan,I have the "all types" version(but not the "NG only" version), which I bought in error(didn't notice I was buying the 737, not the 737 NG version, in the store). When I wrote Bill Bulfer, he told me I didn't need the NG update.Yes, you can buy the NG version at a discount(loose leaf, without the covers), provided you have registered with Bill Bulfer(using the registration card from one of your purchased manuals).BR,Frank

Guest frankathl

Tim, can you tell me if the Cockpit Companion contains information over and above that in the Boeing flight manual(or perhaps it takes a different approach?)?Thanks,Frank

Guest tmetzinger

>>Hi Timothy!>>So you would recommend buying the NG-version (if you had to>chose one), because it also describes the Smiths FMC but>leaves out earlier revisions of the software and offers more>info, right?>>"I'm going to order the update to the NG guide today.">What is this update? Is it like buying the old 737 "all>models" FMC-guide and then upgrading to the NG-guide for less>money?>>Stefan>BTW: thanks so far!If you've already bought the "combi" fmc guide, you can update to the latest NG guide for less than buying a new NG guide. If you've never bought an FMC guide, then I'd recommend buying the NG guide, and not the combi one - the only sim for an earlier FMC is the dreamfleet -400 and it wasn't that accurate (though it was a great leap forward for its time).As for the cockpit companion, I found it useful above and beyond the boeing flight manual and continental flight manual. He's got a cockpit companion customized for the SWA 737s I may order, just to see what's different.

Guest Knikolaes

Forgive me for being lost . . but . . .what are these manuals and where does one buy them?At first I thought we were talking PMDG, but the PMDG site only offers the logo 747 model and the aircraft addons.Point me in the right direction?

www.fmcguide.comHope it helps,

Guest Stefan Bergert

So is the FMC from the -300 to -500 much different to the one from the NG?? I always thought they're nearly the same...I'm really torn between the combi and the NG-only version...so far, thanks a lot guys for your helpfull replies :-)StefanBTW: Does anybody know how much toll I would have to pay (GER)?

Guest Knikolaes

>www.fmcguide.com>>Hope it helps,That it does. MANY thanks. Checking that out.

Guest frankathl

Thanks, Tim!/Frank