Sign in to follow this  
Guest alextooi

FPS friendly for 747-400?

Guest alextooi

Dear Beta Tester,I just need your help regarding average FPS about this plane.I plan to upgrade my PC to Dual core if needed to fly this plane for smooth motion...& also recommanded PC specs should be.?B/Regards.......Alex Ooi

Dual core won't bring you a thing with FS9. FS9 does *NOT* support two processors or more than one core as far as I know.Actually, you are likely to get slower performance than with single core CPU (or with HT). Only benefit you'll have is to be able to run other programs on the 2nd core. That is, if I understand this new structure correctly...Someone correct me plz if I'm wrong.Best specs for FS9 are simply fastest possible single core CPU today. Either Intel EE 3.8 or FX55 (I think there's FX56 already, but dunno what exactly that one is).

Hi Word Not Allowed,You are right that there is no specific coding in FS9 for dual cores, and also the way windows XP uses the dual cores means that compared to a single core machine, FS9 gets less resources.However, a nice little tweak allows you to boost the resources WinXP gives FS9, by using a little bat file to force the cpu priority higher, ie from "Normal" to "High". This way FS9 gets alot more resources from the dual core / HT setup by default.In fact I run my FS9 in "realtime" which is the highest setting of Win XP resrouce priority, and that gives you a major boost over "normal".The scale is:RealtimeHighAboveNormalNormalBelowNormalLowIf anyone wants I can make available my two files, one for "high" boost and one for "realtime" boost!All the best!ArmenArmen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Buck Bolduc

Agree FS9 is not multi threaded.However, if i were to build a new machine it would definatly be a dual core. I would prefere the AMD x2 4400 or the 4800 if you can afford it.Lets face it, it blows away just about everything in the gaming world.Most guy's keep a machine for more than a year or two. MS Longhorn will be out in 2006 ( not that i would want to hang by my fingernails waiting!). Who's to say the vesion of FS wont be multithreaded? Who's to say it wont be able to run in a 64 bit eviroment?Thing are changing fast, faster as time goes on.I have set two rules:1.must be 64 bit2.must be dual core.If those two criteria cant be met, why bother IMHO.No offens to anyone intended.:)best

>Agree FS9 is not multi threaded.>However, if i were to build a new machine it would definatly>be a dual core. I would prefere the AMD x2 4400 or the 4800 if>you can afford it.>Lets face it, it blows away just about everything in the>gaming world.>Most guy's keep a machine for more than a year or two. MS>Longhorn will be out in 2006 ( not that i would want to hang>by my fingernails waiting!). Who's to say the vesion of FS>wont be multithreaded? Who's to say it wont be able to run in>a 64 bit eviroment?Reading this, I have to comment. Until the time comes for FS2006 (not even announced yet), and until Longhorn really comes out and REALLY supports dual core and 64bit, with all included hardware support, ONLY THEN I think it's worth really changing to such option. And that is in my best guess, in approx. 2 years. So if one would be upgrading now, one should get either very fast Athlon or FX55 or fast Intel, there's not so much difference between those two concerning FS9. Adventage of Athlon is 64bit, with WinXP 64bit, some say it's faster. Though I really can't complain with my system, which gives me no blurries now, no stuttering (stutters were caused merely by some bad addons - like huge textures of AEU for default airports) and really fast in most situations. Adventage of an Intel is HT, which gives you possibility to run other programs on 2nd logical CPU, which adds a bit (no stuttering when ASV loading and such).So, if someone would ask me to get either AMD Dual Core or FX55 now, I'd choose FX55, if FS9 is questioned.Also no offense to anyone intended :-)

Hello Armen,Could you please give a few more details about how to boost up performance in FS9 with a HT set-up, which I have. Although my FS9 performance isn't too bad, it could be better.Thanks a lot,Dirk Luchtman

Guest michel2

Hi Armen,I would be interested as well by the use of your two .bat files ableto rise priority of FS9.Thank's very muchjc michel

>In fact I run my FS9 in "realtime" which is the highest>setting of Win XP resrouce priority, and that gives you a>major boost over "normal".>Does it work with AMD CPUs (no HT) ?If the answer is yes sure I would like to try it .... although I recall reading somewhere this may cause some potential harm.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Hi guys,I put the two files on a post called "FS9 Booster" Michael it is not recommended on a single CPU, as it will most likely freeze your PC and require a reboot!All the best!Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Alex,If you can currently run the NG well, you will not need to upgrade to be able to run the 744 well - it runs better than the NG.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ben_hewitt

That's exellent news Ryan, the 737NG runs very well performance wise on my computer.

Guest Boaz

I envy you Ben :-)NG sux on my system...Boaz...