Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtlmtl

Is737-800/900 available to download as stand alone product?

Guest mtlmtl

Recently I noticed that there is a boxed version of the -800/900 that does not require the -600/700 be installed/purchased first. After looking at the PMDG site I did not find a way/link to purchase the download version of the -8/9 without first needing to purchase the -6/7. Is a stand alone version of the -8/9 available for download? If not will one be made available soon? Thanks, Matt

No the 800-900 is not availible is a DL stand alone product. It is a stand alone CD only....Not sure that will change but I doubt it very much (Only a guess of course since I am not PMDG)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Ruahrc

AFAIK the 800/900 is available in both DL and CD versions. The DL version comes straight from PMDG, while the CD version comes from Aerosoft. They are the same product data wise, but the CD version comes with liveries on the CD and a printed manual. Both products are upgrades only, i.e. you need to own the 600/700 package to run them.I think it would be a good idea to finally make a merged package which includes all of the PMDG NG planes, 600 through 900. They certainly have been out long enough to warrant a merging. But I guess they will stay separate so long as people are willing to pay for them! :)I have to get the 800/900 package myself cause I just got the 600/700 but have not installed it yet because I am working on the CRJ2004 package first. Once I master that one I will buy the 800/900 and then learn the NG's. Following that... who knows? I want the 767 by LDS, and also the MadDog by Lago. But then the PMDG 744 will probably be out, as well as the 737 Classics from Wilco, and the 777 from PSS and the 757 from PSS and eventually the 777 from Wilco.... arg so many planes! Not to mention the OSS Embrarer 120 and the Dornier turboprop... but the only turboprop I want to see is a Dash8-Q400 with full systems simulation! That would totally make my day.Ruahrc

FYI, the CD is a stand alone product (Trust me I know) yet it also upgrades your 600-700 product to a point (You still need to apply the other patch from PMDG's site). CD 800-900-No need for the 600-700 to be installed for it to work. DL 800-900- You need to have the 600-700 for it to work.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest GEW115

I bought PMDG quite late, so I chose the 800/900 CD-Version because of the additional features (mainly TCAS2).And I don

Guest Ruahrc

Thanks for clearing that up.Now, another question... since I have the CD version of the 600/700, I was going to buy the DL version of the 800/900. No sense in having two copies of nearly identical manuals, and also it's cheaper for the DL version.I shouldn't run into any problems upgrading my 600/700 into 800/900 since one is CD and the other is DL right?Ruahrc

Norman (Ruahrc?),I would be very cautious mixing a DL version with a CD ditto. My tips to you is to talk to support@precisionmanuals.com for a clarification but I wouldn't hold my breath.Hope it helps,

Hi,if it helps thats what I did, bought the boxed cd version of the 600/700 series from Game (a UK software store) then upgraded to the 800-900 by downloading the upgrade. I've had no problems whatsoever doing this.Steve

Ruahrc,You should not have any trouble mixing the two together. The 800/900 Download will update the CD version as well as the download version of the PMDG 737 600/700.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg