Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Why is engine-out flight so unrealistic in the 737 NG (600 - 900)?

Guest jcomm

I recently reinstalled and bought 737NG and 737-800/900. Of course it is a great add-on, still the best in some aspects (IMHO and even after having used LevelD767 for quite a while now...).One thing that puzzles me though is the complete lack of realistic behaviour when one cuts an engine in flight, no matter if during innitial climb or cruise. There is almost no hint of yaw towards the failled engine side, no yaw-induced bank, no nothing, appart from the power loss, of course.At first I thought it could be the yaw-damper comming into play, but even disengaging it the situation is the same, and as far as I know not even the real yaw dampers would do anything about it under engine failure, requiring propper trim and rudder input from the crew.So, again, why is it like so in the PMDG737? Is it because of any compromisse set by the limitations of MSFS?Looking forwad for the 744 !!!

Have you tried that on a TO? I notice big time just try it in a manual config and where it would really matter in a climb. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Erups

Last time i tried anything like that my nose was pointing 20 big degrees on the failed engine side...Obviously that was not at FL340 an Mach.80 cruise speed.At that speed the yaw necessary to keep the speed vector on track is largely less noticeable then, say, on approach.

Have you set all your realism settings to high in FS?Hope it helps,