Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thrust-Master

help with AFCAD2 file for new airport

Guest Thrust-Master

after installing free add-on scenery for RJAA, sim crashes during take-off roll and got msg says crash-object collision.can someone please point me where new afcad file should be located and how to install new scenery step by step?I often see planes start out on the grass or not properly aligned with runways.thanks in advance.

Guest Panman

Wrong forum perhaps?

Guest allblack

Hi Henry, I'll be following this with interest.I installed some free add-on scenery at my local (NZWN), and haven't been able to use it properly since! The planes are at the gates, but the terminal building is 30 meters away!I put a message similar to yours here, but frankly the responses lost me.CheersTim

you should download an updated afcad from the file library, and delete the afcad that the scenery came with. You also need to turn off crash detection as that is a bug that nobody can fix.

Guest allblack

Thanks Alex.About the "updated afcad".....will that be for the airport, or a larger area?Not sure what I should be looking for when I go there....CheersTim

Can someone please point me where new afcad file should be located and how to install new scenery step by step?I often see planes start out on the grass or not properly aligned with runways.Henry, If you're using FS2004, the AFCAD files are placed in FS9/addon scenery/scenery folder. Ken.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I install a fair bit of freeware scenery some work / some don't. The most recent one (Malta) beautiful scenery, but the airport terminal buildings wre about 30 feet below the taxiways in a hole! - also I kept crashing with invisible object as well.Try downloading FSManager (freeware) - that's got all sorts of tools for adding aircraft and scenery etc.Can someone explain what each of the scenery folders are for in FS please, I seem to have Scenery, SceneryDB, Addon Scenery and I'm sure one other. I presume they each have their own properties ? Also can someone tell me waht the different types are as well please ? Landclass, AFCAD, Mesh etc - I get pretty confused with some of them.