Sign in to follow this  
Guest nat2005

MINS

Guest nat2005

Hi,Can someone tell me what is the difference between the MINS BARO selection and MINS RADIO selection? Which one do i insert my DA into, and Minimums etc..Nathanial

Guest alexhn

BARO will give you a minimums reading according to the barometric setting of the area which you have dialled into your barometer; RADIO will give you minimums according to your radio altimeter

Guest nat2005

ok, thanx,Nat

Guest nat2005

Hello again,I still need abit of help, i am executing a Non-Precision approach and it tells me for the ALTIMETER setup i should set the Barometric to the DA/DDA and Radio Altimeter to 250FT. First: If i set both does it matter which one i leave it set on? Will both still be active?Cheers,Nathanial

Guest tmetzinger

>Hello again,>>I still need abit of help, i am executing a Non-Precision>approach and it tells me for the ALTIMETER setup i should set>the Barometric to the DA/DDA and Radio Altimeter to 250FT.>First: If i set both does it matter which one i leave it set>on? Will both still be active?>>Cheers,>>Nathanialfor anything other than a CATII or CATIII ILS approach where the "land/missed" decision is made at a specific radar altitude, the MINS selector should be set to BARO and the bug set to the DA or MDA of the approach.

Guest nat2005

Hi,Ok, thanx for your help, Cheers,Nathanial

Guest frankathl

Not wanting to confuse the issue, but the flight manual recommends that BOTH types of altimeter be set up for each of the approach types, where one altimeter is controlling, the other advisory. For example, for a Cat II approach, the radio altimeter is controlling and is set to the Radio Altitude(RA) which represents the decision height for the approach in question. However, it is recommended that the barometric altimeter(BARO) should also be set to the published DA for the approach(available on the approach chart)My question is: how do I get both BARO and RA minimums to display on the PFD(it seems to be a case of either/or?)? If I cannot, then how do I manage to use the setup as described in the above example?Thanks,Frank

Guest tmetzinger

>Not wanting to confuse the issue, but the flight manual>recommends that BOTH types of altimeter be set up for each of>the approach types, where one altimeter is controlling, the>other advisory. For example, for a Cat II approach, the radio>altimeter is controlling and is set to the Radio Altitude(RA)>which represents the decision height for the approach in>question. However, it is recommended that the barometric>altimeter(BARO) should also be set to the published DA for the>approach(available on the approach chart)>>My question is: how do I get both BARO and RA minimums to>display on the PFD(it seems to be a case of either/or?)? If I>cannot, then how do I manage to use the setup as described in>the above example?>>Thanks,>FrankIn the real airplane you'd set up the pilot flying EFIS for the controlling factor, and the other pilot's would be set to the advisory.I don't think this is possible in the PMDG, even in the VC mode.

Guest frankathl

Yes, I didn't think of that, Tim!Thanks for responding.BR,Frank