Sign in to follow this  
macpac22

737NG Flight Plan

Howdi!i use FSnavigator 4.7 to export flight plans into the 737-700 FMC. I want to use SID/STARs for more realistic flights but im running into trouble. First off i have updated the database with all the current information. I select my airports im flying from and to, then i select my runway for departure..my question is how do you know which SID/STARS to pick? sometimes there are pages of them! i can guess the departure okay but say im flying to KJFK and select an ILS runway if i guess and just pick one it leaves me with a messed up flight plan.]Can anyone help?thanksPaul

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

the first thing would be to have charts with you, so based on your arrival direction and rwy in use u can look up the charts to choose which STAR to use. Then just select it on the fmc and check that it is consistent with the published procedures.You can find charts all over the net or you could even go to a pilot shop and buy the FAA Naco charts divided into regions for about 5 bucks each.Regards,Bjorn

Guest forever_49ers

Paul,go to navdata.at and then charts, thats a good starting point to get charts.If you wanna fly in the US, there is no better place for charts than airnav.comSteve