Sign in to follow this  
Guest glenlee

My 747 Maiden Voyage...

Guest glenlee

Hi all, I have just been having a think where I should take the new Queen when it finaly arrives on my PC and I decided on EGLL - VHHH Hong Kong.As this is a beast of a flight (ok so it might be wise to do a couple of smaller flights first just in case!!) I would like some rewards when I get there, so........Can anyone recommend/opinionate about a good scenery package that will look good on my screen captures?Cheers all for your input.Glen Lee

Guest Boaz

The Kangaroo route awaits...Buuuuut I think I'll test fly this baby at BFI... Never test flown my new aircraft before, usually I study then fly... Nothing in between...I think I'll test fly it like all airlines do before accepting a new plane... Sheeesh don't tell me I don't dream about this at night!I think my first "commercial flight" :-) will be from Bangkok to phuket and then back again...Then the kangeroo route (EGLL<->YSSY)Boaz...

I think my first flight is going to be CYVR-EGLL as BA 084.. i cannot wait to fly this bird!!Andrew

Guest alexhn

haha Boaz. I am just about to do that flight, but for real. However, i am going YMML-WSSS-EGLL. Sitting here in the lounge looking at that beautiful 744, sitting there with sunlight gleaming off the wings; they just started the engines :)

Guest glenlee

Thanks for the EGLL link. I used to have the old version of Heathrow Pro installed but it ground my old PC to a halt so I took it off. I see a new version has been released promising frame rate increases, is there an improvement?I have a new more singing and dancing PC now too so I'll give it a try.Anyone have VHHH or general mesh of Hong Kong area recommendations?G

Guest Boaz

Alex SHUT UP! ;)Wow this is truely amazing! How our world is being smaller and smaller!I looooooove that route, although I would fly via Bangkok (lacking good WSSS scenery) EGLL-YMML is definately also one of my dream flights!darn I would love to fly it in real life as well :-)viva la jumbo..Boaz...

Guest Robin.B

>Thanks for the EGLL link. I used to have the old version of>Heathrow Pro installed but it ground my old PC to a halt so I>took it off. I see a new version has been released promising>frame rate increases, is there an improvement?>I have a new more singing and dancing PC now too so I'll give>it a try.>>Anyone have VHHH or general mesh of Hong Kong area>recommendations?>GYup, the HeathrowPro V2 is a great improvement, gave me at least 6-15 more FPS than the old version ;)There is a great VHHH scenery available on Avsim, can't remember who it was by but you'll get to it if you do a small search :)

Guest Robin.B

>Is this what you mean?> http://128.242.89.92/hk04intro.htm>>VHHH Kai Tak it's says it will run with FS9.>>Best>Kai Tak is actually VHHX and not VHHH. The FlightSoft scenery is indeed for Kai Tak, however the new Hong Kong airport is called "Chep Lap Kok"

Guest neil_b

I was going to go with a few circuit trips, then a delivery flight from Paine Field to Heathrow.

Guest glenlee

That sounds like a good idea Neil, may have to follow you home!!I fly with BAV and want the 13 or so hours logging (i'm not just doing it for the fun of it!!!) so I would have to fly to VHHH and not VHHX although thanks for the link to the Hong Kong scenery. Does that include mesh etc.? and how are the frame rates?Anyone got ideas of VHHH airport scenery? Off to search Avsim now.I always feel a bit dissapointed when I taxi in to a gate that isn't there i.e. MSFS defualt scenery.Cheers allGlenP.S. does anyone know if the checkerboard at Kia Tak (VHHX) is still on the side of the hill or did that go when the airport moved? FS9 scenery has the runway (all be it without the markings) but no checkerboard in sight.

vhhh2005b.zip in the library. Also for a great afcad, get vhhh_afcad2_0204.zip

Guest Debosonic

Mr Boaz,My first flight will also be that VTBD-VTSP!The last time I was in a real 744 was the above flight!Also the only 744 s I have been on are the Thai ones...EGLL-VTBD and VTBD-EGLL plus VTBD-VTSP.I will be on the VTBD-VTSP-VTBD sector again in a couple of months, but I am afraid it will in an airbus.Pity.I just hope they do some nice Thai liveries.

Guest Debosonic

BTW WSSS is being re-done by samsoft....Check it out www.samsoftpub.com