Sign in to follow this  
Guest glenlee

My 747 Maiden Voyage...

Guest Boaz

Yeah I just saw it on Avsim's frontpage!Hope it will look great, it looks promising, and ALSO hope for acceptable fps :-)Boaz...

Guest Robin.B

I finally decided on an EGLL-KMIA route with a BA 747. Having sceneries for both airports, this should be a fun flight :)

Guest Debosonic

Well, i am not confident that I could manage the 744 on my first flight on long-haul trips.I think it would be prudent to have a demo-flight, afew circuits, touch and goes at the Everett Plant in Seattle first.IS there any scenery of the boeing plant???

No scenery that I know of. af2_kbfi.zip is a good afcad for it though

Guest KLM871_India

hmm... I might do ORD-AMS or AMS-DEL? or LHR-DEL on AI?? I really wanna see some livery shots!Leo/ORD Fly on KLM Royal Dutch AirlinesVlieg met KLM Koninklijke Nederlandse Luchtvaartmaatschappij

Guest glenlee

Thanks for the file names Big Al, the VHHH scenery is excellent. Although I'm not sure how to use the afcad2 file and I guess the way I've done it is a bit wrong as the parking gates are at the wrong side of the ground markings!!!Off to do a bit more searching...

>I looooooove that route, although I would fly via Bangkok>(lacking good WSSS scenery) EGLL-YMML is definately also one>of my dream flights!>Boaz,Is there a good VTBD scenery instead? I also use Samsoft for WSSS (although I now wait for the new release before going into WSSS again), but haven't found anything nice for Bangkok yet.Also, what scenery are you guys using for YSSY? I'd even be more than happy to pay for a good scenery, but so far couldn't find anything. There is the freeware out on AVSIM, but I never figured how to eliminate the static planes, neither did I find a nice AFCAD. Any hints?Thanks

Guest jimmer

my first long haul route will be kiad-egll with united that flight was the last jumbo i went on.

Guest pellelil

I'd also say KBFI (Boeing Field) should be the very first origin for this baby, and the first trip will be back to my VA so I can have the guys remove all the seats, install cargo doors, blind all the windows and throw a VA paintjob on her and I'll be ready for doing some serious Air Freight ;-)I did make the KBFI-EKCH flight when I first go the PMDG B737 however I had to stop a few places on the road (as I recall it): KBFI-KBOS, KBOS-BKSG, BKSG-EGPK and finally EGPK-EKCH.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

I just don't know yet...I am currently browsing timetables of the 25 or so 744 operators to see on which routes they are using the Queen, and then I'll decide where to use it. Kangaroo route is of course attractive, but then there's also the French version of it, i.e. air France's flight 070 Paris CDG-Los Angeles-Papeete, which has the advantage that top notch sceneries are available for all these airports. Otherwise, if I only want to do a short run, I may do something in the Singapore-Bangkok-Taipei-Hong Kong quadrant (plenty of 744 operators there, all in nice colours), a San Francisco-Denver or why not on an Osaka-Tokyo shuttle flight. Or I may just go full risk and try Amsterdam-St. Maarten right away... risky in the sense that trying SXM without any experience in hand flying the bird may be unsuccessful... Of course it all depends on which colourschemes will be availabe - anyone knows or at least has hypotheses?In any case, I'll follow this thread for good ideas for maiden flights.Chris

Guest FredGer

HiI'm gonna take her from KJFK to EGLL (BA114), which is kind of a standart route I know, but I just flew this route with BA this Feburary...and it reminds me of the really good time I had in NYC ;-)Fred

Guest dwinters

I am thinking of doing the above flight aswell (KJFK to EGLL). Does anyone know any good scenery for JFK with accurate gates etc. (preferably freeware)D Winters

Guest jimmer

a good scenery is world airports 2 but it is a payware it includes 11 airports including kjfk new york jfkkiad washington dullesklas mccaren intlkdfw dallas fort worthkiah houston intercontinentalkord chicago o'harelimc malpensaegcc manchestereddf frankfurtlirf fiumincocyyz toronto/pearsonhope this helps

First revenue flight.UAL's EGLL-KSFO.

Eric