Sign in to follow this  
Guest wizzairboy

the PMDG 737-800 - descending problem - overspeed

Guest wizzairboy

My PMDG 737-800 version (only this version - -600 -700 -900 are OK) has something wrong with descending. You cannot descent without speed-brakes below 10000ft. Otherwise you reach OVERSPEED. I was talking about this with real pilot of LAUDA Air, he told me that it should be properly (as in -600 -700 -900 versions), only if you start to descent too late then you have to use speed brakes, but normally tou don't have to. The problem occurs also with getting into the Gear down speed, still the tape stands at 220knots even with auto-brakes and you are unable to lower the velocity. Please help me with it, could you tell me if you have also thjis problem, I like proper (as in real life) solutions, so I still enjoy the -600 -700 -900 versions, still cannot enjoy this most popular NG version.RegardsKonrad Niedojadlo (konrad@commondream.pl)

Guest tmetzinger

>My PMDG 737-800 version (only this version - -600 -700 -900>are OK) has something wrong with descending. You cannot>descent without speed-brakes below 10000ft. Otherwise you>reach OVERSPEED. I was talking about this with real pilot of>LAUDA Air, he told me that it should be properly (as in -600>-700 -900 versions), only if you start to descent too late>then you have to use speed brakes, but normally tou don't have>to. The problem occurs also with getting into the Gear down>speed, still the tape stands at 220knots even with auto-brakes>and you are unable to lower the velocity. >Please help me with it, could you tell me if you have also>thjis problem, I like proper (as in real life) solutions, so I>still enjoy the -600 -700 -900 versions, still cannot enjoy>this most popular NG version.>Regards>Konrad Niedojadlo (konrad@commondream.pl)No problem with overspeed on any models, assuming I put the winds in the FORECAST page.Best Wishes.

Guest wizzairboy

I also put the winds in forecast. always. I will check it one more time, but many times was checking this before, still the same.Best regardsKonrad Niedojadlo

just before descent i change the descent speed in the fmc from 315 to 300, works everytime.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest carlonch

Hi Konrad:What I do is open the FMC, LEGS page and restrict the speeds near the final approach to 220 knots, I do this usually for the last 20 NM before the runway, for example, if you see this 280/5500 change it to 220/5500 or just enter 220/ I also set the descend 10 or 20 knots less. Sometimes you