Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot 53

1st. flight that went well in months!

Guest Pilot 53

Attn. all pmdg developers,I am pleased to say that i have finaly had the first flight in months where nothing went wrong due to a developers lack of support, skill and documentation. I was flying the delta route from KATL TO KDEN and everything worked great! One question I have is why are the autolands so hard, I mean that plane hit the ground like a meteoroid! But other than that I could not find anything wrong for the first time in a while in an fs airliner.

Guest Robin.B

Glad that your flight went perfect :DRegarding the autoland; Are you sure you did an autoland? You might have done a single channel landing with the Autopilot instead of Autoland in which case the aircraft will not do the flare for you and therefore you might have come down like a rock.

Guest GeoffC

Pilot53,At the risk of sounding controversial do you think you could be the problem here. I only suggest this because hundreds of users seem to find this product does exactly what it should, having read the manual. Admittedley they also read the forum guidlines and sign with their name. I suspect they even read other information sources to aid themselves when flying this complex add-on.If you have any specific points about how it or the developers have failed it may be better to list them, in the spirit of being constructive and all that. Just a thought.

Guest aarskringspier

Geoff I think you need to read the post again before jumping down the guys throat. He specifically stated that PMDG's product was GREAT and was the first SIM in awhile he had no problems with. He only asked if the autoland was rough all the time.My lord.

Guest GeoffC

Randy and more specifically Pilot53, if I've got the wrong end of the stick then I apologise, however the first sentence suggest lots of previous problems due to other people. Also it was everything that worked great not "the product is great". Detail I know but I read the post and formed an opinion. And at the risk of repeating myself, apologies if I have misunderstood.As a slight aside Randy, I'm flying EGCC - KEWR on Continental next week and returning from San Diego two weeks later. Hope they're good.

Guest Pilot 53

Thank you Randy Swofford,I meant that the pmdg -800 worked great and many other groups did not get it all correct. I am pretty sure that the autoland was set up fine but I will check it to see if a patch is in order or if my brain needs some exended memory.:-)