Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesHM

MD11

Guest CharlesHM

Hello:I know that you are busy with the 747-400 beta testing, fixes, ect. Can you perhaps tell me the status of your MD-11? I did see some screen shote of it on your webpage. I am glad Bill Grabowski has joined your great team of talented designers. He along with your team have my deep respect for what they are doing to make FS even better for all of us. I look forward to your release of 747-400.Kind regards,Charles Huckelbery

Hi CharlesA comment was given regarding the MD-11 in the thread pinned to the top. You might want to check that.

Guest CharlesHM

Thanks for the information.Charles Huckelbery

Charles,Thanks for the interest in the MD-11. Work continues on the MD-11 panel. Michael Franzekakis has come up with some pretty amazing ideas and I think you will see some things you've not seen before and be pleased with what you see. I can assure you that the level of expertise and programming knowledge and sophistication at PMDG is top drawer, and it will be reflected in this product. The code alone has been completely redone at least four times and the art redone twice. We continue to gain knowledge and insight and I think you'll find the panel fun and true to the original. The work on the airplane has of course not started.Bill

Guest Knikolaes

Thanks for the update, Bill.Though I cannot seem to find that "pinned thread" that was mentioned here. All I see is the 747 Beta testing, support readme, signature banners and forum faq.

Guest CharlesHM

Hello Bill:Thanks so much for the update I do appreciate it very much. I have the deepest respect for you and the talent team Robert has at PMDG. I look forward to the release of the MD11.Most kind regards to you and the staff of PMDG.Charles Huckelbery

Bill,Thanks also for the 'heads-up' on the 'MD-11'.This project seems to be overshadowed by the enthusiasm for the '747' which I am also waiting for eagerly.PMDG is in the top two software suppliers in my opinion.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jennifer

Just wanted to register my agreement with what has been said above about the anticipation of the MD11. In some ways I am more interested in it than the 747!:-hah .............looking forward to the 747 too of course!

Guest Knikolaes

I still cannot find this "update thread" you all keep referring to . . . .

Guest ZOTAN

Its the thread about Beta Testing. I asked about the MD-11, and they said what they were currently doing with it.

Guest Knikolaes

Aaaaaah. NOW I see. Okay THAT I saw. LOL I was looking all over for a specific MD-11 thread all this time **chuckles**Many thanks for that, mate.

Guest yylie1

Hi there! So sad to see that the MD-11 isnt progressing fast? At the rate the B747-400 was going I was thinking that the MD-11 would be released before it was? But I am glad to see that Bill is doing the panel as his freeware work are excellent. Looking forward to his first payware one. Should be the best PMDG work ever!Regards,Melissa

Guest neil_b

I too am looking forward to the MD11. My only concern is that I'm a big fan of all my flights being for my VA (Flying Tigers Group) and with the MD11's being phased out by several airlines I hope I will have a use for it when its released.

Guest yylie1

Me too Neil! I am sad to see alot of airlines retiring such a magnificent plane. Guess it would be like the Concorde. Only when they have been retired that we miss them so but when they were around people cursed their operating costs and noise, etc. Finding every excuse not to appreciate these marvelous technological acheivements by mankind!Regards,Melissa

If you have read the PMDG forum I'm sure you came across references to the magnificent 747-400 Virgin Atlantic video from ITTV. FYI there is also a brilliant video covering the MD-11 that you can find here: http://www.itvv.co.uk/mpmd11dvd.aspHighly recommended!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------