Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Para-Visual Display

Guest A32X

Will it be modelled, a selectable option?Cheers,PaulEDIT : Major users include Lufthansa and BA

I won't be disappointed if it is not, but it would be fun to try a few zero visibility take offs! :)

How do PVD's work? i've got a vauge idea, but don't fully understand.

Alaister Kay

Guest Babubhai

It is something I remember seeing in the Aerowinx PS1...PVD is a customer option and because there can be 100s of customer options I think its unlikely that all of them will be available in the PMDG 744.And the PVD works by recieving a signal from a transmitter at the end of the runway assinged for take-off.It provides pilots with a visual indication of the airplane's position from the runway centerline when visibility conditions are less than 200 metres.It looks like a "barber pole" (black and white strips) located near the glare sheild, which rotate in a leftward motion if the aircraft is to the right of the runway centerline or to the right if the aircraft is to the left of the runway centre.

Guest yawdamper

"And the PVD works by recieving a signal from a transmitter at the end of the runway assinged for take-off."Actually its the localizer from the ILS that the PVD uses. Nothing really spectacular - only the method of displaying localizer deviation is different.There you already have the requirement to use PVD - an ILS equipped runway!Cheers,Adrian (who is also wondering if the PMDG bird will be PVD equipped)

Guest A32X

"And the PVD works by recieving a signal from a transmitter at the end of the runway assinged for take-off."The transmitter at the end of the runway is the Localizer transmitter, they are one and the same. Anyone know which other airlines use the PVD? Singapore Airlines is another I think.Regards,Paul

Guest Babubhai

I would like to see it modelled, it will be a first in FS9.Sometimes it's the little things and details modelled as well that take it a step closer to realism.