Sign in to follow this  
Guest Freddie

I really really DON'T understand

Guest Freddie

Hi folks - I'm really really confused. And I want an answer. Now.WILL PMDG update the 737, or WILL they NOT??Give me an answer PMDG..Best regards, Freddie

Guest Robin.B

With the 747-400 project taking most their time and an MD-11 project still under development; I doubt that we'll see a 737NG update this year, but don't quote me on it...

>Hi folks - >>I'm really really confused. And I want an answer. Now.>WILL PMDG update the 737, or WILL they NOT??>>Give me an answer PMDG..>>Best regards, FreddieWhat exactly do you think they should update? And I want an answer, Now. ;)Maybe try being a bit more polite and include better information in such a post next time?Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Freddie

In the initial fase of the 737 developement they promised 3 products. :) For example the IRS, HGS, BBJ and so on..I think it's a VERY nice product. But I was wondering if we get a 3rd product? :)-Freddie

Guest Boaz

I think there were talks, my impression was that PMDG wanted to update the NG so that the VC was like the B744s and other features could be added...But that is only my impression, that they wanted to, but again when?PMDG correct me if I am wrong. :-)Boaz...

Guest AJ

Its been a while since PMDG has spoken about this, but the last comment I recal was that they would evaluate the feasibility of going forward with "phase 3" of the NG only after The Queen's release. I suspect that also means waiting until after all the dust settles and it becomes clear whether or not any service packs will be required.Andrew

Guest wfr

Hi,To bring the 737NG to the standards of the 744, programming from scratch will be required. It's not done with a patch or simple upgrade.Walter

>For example the IRS, HGS, BBJ and so on..They never promised anything of the sort. You are confused because you are making things up as you go ;)Michael J.

Guest Voodoo

Hello :-wave,I think it would be cool if PMDG could fix the speedbrake armed/deployed light or logic :).Can someone confirm that on the 737NG 'Speedbrake Deployed' lights up, when in level flight and you of course have the speedbrakes deployed, i think the 767 does this?I can live without an IRS on the 737, starting from Cold & Dark and making some hops around Europe, takes enough time on my side of the computer ;).Not sure how many Wedgetail fans are outthere, but it would be awesome if PMDG would put their eyes on the maybe not so optimal 737NG code and could at least do the BBJ variants with the additional tank displays when pressing on 'C' for the clock and of course accurate flight dynamics (I don't know which other important features the BBJs have, pardon!).I assume asking for the new MCP layout and models without eyebrows is a little too much and not neccessary :).Christianhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/chrismo/sigsky.jpgVacation: wasted time between 2 flights!

Promised might not be the right word, but it was advertised on their website for the BBJ model.And to the original poster, how rude can you be???

Guest Freddie

I'm very very sorry. I'm not good to compress myself. I was just wondering about the 3rd product :)

Guest tmetzinger

As mentioned earlier, to bring the 737NG up to the 744 standards would require an entire rewrite of the product. PMDG has not yet said anything about doing this (or never doing it).I've voiced the opinion several times that I feel I got my money's worth (and more!) from the 737, and that I would pay, without hesitation, full price for another version (737NG-2006?) rewritten to the 744 standard or better.If many of you feel the same way, by all means let PMDG know - one of the first steps in getting a developer to develop the product you want is to assure them there will be a market for it.Best wishes,

>As mentioned earlier, to bring the 737NG up to the 744>standards would require an entire rewrite of the product. >PMDG has not yet said anything about doing this (or never>doing it).>>I've voiced the opinion several times that I feel I got my>money's worth (and more!) from the 737, and that I would pay,>without hesitation, full price for another version>(737NG-2006?) rewritten to the 744 standard or better.>>If many of you feel the same way, by all means let PMDG know ->one of the first steps in getting a developer to develop the>product you want is to assure them there will be a market for>it.>>Best wishes,>AMEN!! I'm with Tim on this one!!!!

Guest jolk

Me too I'm with Tim ;-)

737NG-FSX :Dniiice possibly with HUD? :) (that was one of the things in the talks time ago together with IRS and BBJ-MIL versions.. sweeeet)Luca