Sign in to follow this  
Kimchoc

I am really having a time with this software....

and i dont mean good time. I just downloaded 2 textures for the 737NG from the PMDG website. They were automatic installers. They appeared to install to the correct location on my HD. But when in the sim, nothing appears in the drop-down for the two new textures..Is this software so complicated that the developers have lost their common sense by making the installtion of textures so complicated, no one short of a scientist can install them? I've installed hundreds of planes, panels, guages, textures since Fs2K. I fugured for sure with an auto installer I would be good to go. In fact, none of the textures that I have installed from the CD show up either. I fugure when i see a message that says "sucessfully", meaning installtion, then it should work. What is the deal? If the answer here is to read through some 800 page technical "texture install" manual hidden on the PMDG website, just let me know. I have a place for this software. I've never had such a tough time using a FS product. I have been working over an hour just to get the engines started, then to find out the throttles wernt locked together for use with my X45 throttle. E-1-2 did not work to link them back up. Jesh,,,

Are you sure your drivers are set-up correctly?

the engine problem is not PMDG related... and possibly you have the worng path for the installers? Luca

If you explain your problem in a little more detail (i.e. how are you installing the liveries, where are you looking in FS that you can't find them) maybe we will be able to lend some assistance.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Buck Bolduc

I know how you feel. Took me 2 weeks to get those darn engines going the first time. Now it takes a minute or two.With respect to textures I never had a problem since day 1, worked flawlessly every time.I found with the C&H yoke if I used the keyboard start keys E+1 etc., my throttles became disjointed, only the left one would work. That may be part of whats happening to you?Best

Guest thscholz

O.K.,first don't blame the livery installers. It's very likely that the problem is your AIRCRAFT.CFG.Please have a look at the corresponding AIRCRAFT.CFG file and check if the sections fltsim.x are in sequence. They have to be numbered starting with fltsim.0, then fltsim.1, fltsim.2,...If there is a gap in the numbering (like fltsim.7, fltsim.9, fltsim.10,...), some liveries won't show up in FS.The installer finds the last number in sequence and then takes the next number.As to your second problem, that's not a PMDG problem. It's a common problem with complex aircraft.You could either delete the 'E' assignment for selecting the engine or you could assign 'E-1-2' to a key on your X45. That will work.Hope that helpsThomas

Guest thscholz

Oh, by the way,it would help if you give us some more information.Which liveries from the PMDG site are you installing?I'm asking because two or three of the liveries on PMDG's site indeed have minor errors (like the Air Berlin Dreamliner). But these errors can be corrected in the AIRCRAFT.CFG.CheersThomas

Thomas, Your comments here are interesting.Could you please indicate how these minor errors manifest themselves in the sim. Are they visual or operational?I am having some weird problems that I have traced to the Qantas livery 738 - winglets.Any info would be appreciated.RegardsJock McIntyre (YMML)

Jock McIntyre

I found them. Apparently they do not work with the 600 series. There are only 2 liveries in the drop-down selection box. Shamu the whale and the PMDG liveries I think. The drop down selction box is the one where you select the texture/liverie for the plane. I thought you guys knew that. And I told you I used the self installer. Thats pretty clear. I switched to the 700 and they were all there. Not sure where in any directions it mentions that. I havnt run across it yet anyway. Most of my time has been sorting the engine deal out.And excuse me but engine disconnect IS directly related to the software. As soon as the instructions (page37) in the manual tell you do start the engines separatley, clicking on the right throttle separates them. E-1-2 ties them back together again,(FS keys), supposedly. But in my case, did not work. Surely there is a work around and I'll find it. I beleive I can just start a cessna and then switch to the PMDG plane.Thanks for the replies,,,

Guest skefford

...> I switched to the 700 and they were all there. Not sure where>in any directions it mentions that. I havnt run across it yet>anyway. Most of my time has been sorting the engine deal>out.So they installed correctly after all. You have still not said which liveries you installed, but most, if not all, are for a specific model. That is so blindingly obvious that it is not necessary to mention it.>>And excuse me but engine disconnect IS directly related to the>software. As soon as the instructions (page37) in the manual>tell you do start the engines separatley, clicking on the>right throttle separates them. E-1-2 ties them back together>again,(FS keys), supposedly. But in my case, did not work.>Surely there is a work around and I'll find it. I beleive I>can just start a cessna and then switch to the PMDG plane....If you are seperating the throttles at start up, then you are doing something wrong. You should not be touching the throttles at all.Steve

Ok I see what this forum is. Just a place to belittle people that have bought a new and complicated product. No problem. I'll go somewhere else. 1 new community member this week, 1 less this weekend. Nice job. Have a great xxxxxxx day.

Guest thscholz

>Ok I see what this forum is. Just a place to belittle people>that have bought a new and complicated product. No problem. >I'll go somewhere else. 1 new community member this week, 1>less this weekend. Nice job.> Have a great xxxxxxx day. Come on,noone wants to belittle you. We are only trying to help. If my response sounded like bashing you...then I'm sorry.The information I wanted was provided by you in your second post. I wanted to know, which liveries seem to be the problem and you said it was the 'Shamu' livery.If I understand you correctly then the Shamu livery appears in the 737-700 list. If that's the case then you're right that it's odd. I just downloaded and installed it and everything seems correct to me.If you still want help then maybe you could post the contents of your AIRCRAFT.CFG in the 737-600 directory.And believe me, this is a fine product and this is a fine forum with friendly people willing to help.:-beerchug CheersThomas

Guest thscholz

>Thomas,> Your comments here are interesting.>>Could you please indicate how these minor errors manifest>themselves in the sim. Are they visual or operational?>>I am having some weird problems that I have traced to the>Qantas livery 738 - winglets.>>Any info would be appreciated.>>Regards>>Jock McIntyre (YMML) Jock,with the Air Berlin Dreamliner the aircraft will appear with blank textures as the entry for the texture in the aircraft.cfg is not correct.What kind of problems do you have with the Qantas livery?CheersThomas

About the throttle resync: this happens with many complex aircraft, at least to mine. There is an easy way to solve it. You can assign an 'engine resync hot key' (don't know the exact naming by heart) in the registered version of FSUIPC. Once assigned you only need to press the key/key combo and all engines react to the throttle again.Kind regards,Henk-Jan

Guest thscholz

>I found them. Apparently they do not work with the 600>series. There are only 2 liveries in the drop-down selection>box. Shamu the whale and the PMDG liveries I think. The drop>down selction box is the one where you select the>texture/liverie for the plane. I thought you guys knew that. Ooops, sorry, my fault. I didn't read your post correctly. The Shamu livery IS actually in the 600 list. That's as it should be.So I think that my first guess is correct. There seems to be an error in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file in your 737-600 directory.Thats more a bug within FS. If the flightsim scans the 'fltsim' sections and there is a gap in the numbering sequence it simply stops scanning for thos sections and doesn't show them in the selection list.CheersThomas