Sign in to follow this  
Guest alextooi

PMDG744 have flexwings?

Guest alextooi

Dear Beta tester,Do PMDG744 support for flexwings?B/Regards...Alex Ooi

[h3]YES![/h3][h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

You sure can!Cheers,

The wingflex modelling is rather complex, and includes, among other things, wing sag (depending on fuel load), wing flex (based on countless flight dynamic variables), independant flexing for left and right wings, taxiway and runway jitter and bounce, turbulence reaction and more.Wing flex junkies will be pleased :-jumpyBest,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

So what sort of flex would i get if I was to use it as a spring board into my swimming pool? :-lol

Alaister Kay

Guest _sebastian_

>Wing flex junkies will be pleased :-jumpyFor the heavies simulators there is no better way to convincingly get into character than this I think. Now, guess if I am looking forward to try it out with ASV :)/sebastian

Guest Callmecapt

Question regarding the wingflex. RFP have the wing flex happening but on heavy loaded aircraft, as the plane lifts off, there are slight cracks in the wings where the flexing occurs. It has been said there was no way around this when modelling the wingflex.Am I to believe PMDG have possibly cracked the solution and implemented it or will the same thing appear on this 747?RegradsGoran

I was floored at landing at LAX last night and watching the wings! Totally awesome..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Robin.B

The RFP is a rather old model, and the same thing can be seen on the "rather old" POSKY 747-400 v3 where there are 2 joining points on the wing which are very apparent.From the screenshots I can see that the LDS 767 have also gone over this problem so I strongly believe that PMDG also has :D

Guest Callmecapt

Excellent, thanks Robin