Sign in to follow this  
crvm

BETA PICS + SFO TO FPS

Guest Robin.B

Fantastic Randy! Can't wait :D

> I am running an AMD XP 3200 64, an ATI X800XT PE (Sapphire),>1 gig of 3200 DRR, FS 9.1 and windows xp home.>Hey Randy,Cool shots, thanks.I have a question which stress me: is the 744 being beta test also onfs9, that is: FS which hasnt been patched to 9.1 ?My concern is: because there's been some problems I couldnt get rid of with the pacth, I stayed on fs9.I would really like to know if the there are any 744 beta testers thatare running unpatched FS version, and if any problems related to unpatched FS had been reported yet.So that, once installed, I wont have bad surprises.Regards,

I did most of testing on 9.0 and just recently switched to 9.1. I am not sure yet but I do not believe this will be required for users (that is running only 9.1) but until such testing is complete I would only be guessing. FS 9.1 does provide a much better FPS system, at least it did for me on this computer and my Dell LP.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Great, thanks Randy.Glad that you're FS is running smoother since the patch. But you know the story, right, some people gained with the pacth, and some others like me had to stick with version 9.I'd love to read that some other beta testers are still using unpatched FS and reports that everything is fine with version 9, so far.Again thanks for your quick answer.

Guest Thomas K

Nice shots. The 744 is really looking very good. I also like the 2D panel textures; they are a huge improvement over those of the 737.Being a bit of a graphics buff myself, it would be nice to see textures added to the area I circled in red instead of just seeing it left blank and black. I'm aware that the underside of the glareshield is a darker area comapred to the rest of the panel, but its surface should be visible.Thomashttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120557.jpg

Guest _sebastian_

Gear in OFF. Very nice./sebastian

Hi Randy,Thank you so much for those excellent pictures.Excellent progress PMDG !!!!:-) Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hi Randy,Your last shot shows a lot of traffic on the ND with FPS at 33. What is your FS9 traffic slider set at? Also, the 737NG instruments were never very smooth. How does the Queen compare relative to instrument "fluidity". Thanks for taking the time to post the pics!Bob...

Guest Boaz

Thanks a bunch Randy!I am getting a goood feeling about this.I wanna upgrade, but I am afraid that I could not do it with out spending 2000USD+ on it!sheesh...But I do have 1900+ and ATIs Radeo 9800pro 256mbsSo maybe I won't have a hard time saving up money :-)Boaz...

Guest WA

Lovely shots, just wondering about the control column, it would be nice if having it visible was an option. Personally i always turn of visual representations of controls....steering wheels..hands..etc..etc.Cheers,Willem

Arnaud-as long as FSUIPC v3.48+ (which is a requirement for our bird) can work with an unpatched FS9.0, then there should be no problems. However - I am not aware if Pete is maintaining compatibility with FS9.0 in his latest FSUIPC. If he is, no problems.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest BodoM

At VNAV Speed the N1 limit bugs schould change from green to magenta color as they does on the LDS 767. Here I see they are white?___________________________Best Regards,Bodo M

Fantastic shots! Especially in the VC. Thank you!

>At VNAV Speed the N1 limit bugs schould change from green to>magenta color as they does on the LDS 767. Here I see they are>white?I think you are correct. Whenever N1 is commanded by FMC the line should be in magenta. Michael J.