Sign in to follow this  
Guest james320

744 Manual

Guest james320

This may have been asked before, but do PMDG plan to publish the 744 manual before the aircraft is released (as Level-D did with the 763) so we can all do some studying before finally getting our hands on the 744???

James,if you try the search function on this board, somebody posted a link to a real-world 744 AOM some weeks ago. If not, PM me with your email adress and I'll send you a copy. The AOM is close to 1000 pages, but well worth reading if you really want to knows what's under the skin of the Queen ;)Apart from that, there're a number of publications out there that adress the more practical aspects of flying 744s - I have a copy of Mike Ray's Unofficial 747-400 Simulator & Checkride Procedures Manual here to get me up and running. With that in my book-shelf, I consider myself ready for most normal and abnormal situations while dealing with the PMDG 744 :DAs far as the tutorial is concerned, there once was a post by someone (Can't remember wether it was an PMDG official or not) that basically negatively answered your question. But, don't bet on that, after what PMDG has recently shown, I guess anything is possible ;)Best regards!Jan | MR

Guest _sebastian_

>This may have been asked before, but do PMDG plan to publish>the 744 manual before the aircraft is released (as Level-D did>with the 763) so we can all do some studying before finally>getting our hands on the 744???If you read between the lines in the posts regarding this, I think you will find some clues as to what items are NOT affecting PMDG's decision of when to release the downloadable version of the airliner. The manual is being written on now, as is the aircraft, and whatever finishes first, releases first./sebastian

Guest pellelil

I'm pretty sure the plane wont be released until the manual is ready, just think of all those people used to the default MSFS B747-400 calling support because there is no one single/simple engine start switch ;-)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Guest _sebastian_

>I'm pretty sure the plane wont be released until the manual>is ready, just think of all those people used to the default>MSFS B747-400 calling support because there is no one>single/simple engine start switch ;-)What, you mean to say that the B1900C is less sofisticated than the Boeing 747-400?!?!?;-)/sebastian

Guest mcalluaud

To Jan , I also have the Mike RAY 747-400 book . It is a great book to get ready for the release of the 747 . It could be ordered from www.utem.com for $ 49.95 .MichelCYSSY

Guest Robin.B

>James,>>if you try the search function on this board, somebody posted>a link to a real-world 744 AOM some weeks ago. If not, PM me>with your email adress and I'll send you a copy. The AOM is>close to 1000 pages, but well worth reading if you really want>to knows what's under the skin of the Queen ;)>Apart from that, there're a number of publications out there>that adress the more practical aspects of flying 744s - I have>a copy of Mike Ray's Unofficial 747-400 Simulator & Checkride>Procedures Manual here to get me up and running. With that in>my book-shelf, I consider myself ready for most normal and>abnormal situations while dealing with the PMDG 744 :D>>As far as the tutorial is concerned, there once was a post by>someone (Can't remember wether it was an PMDG official or not)>that basically negatively answered your question. But, don't>bet on that, after what PMDG has recently shown, I guess>anything is possible ;)>>Best regards!>Jan | MRPM Sent...