Sign in to follow this  
Guest CDolan1

747 Textures

Guest CDolan1

Hi,Will there be an Air Force One texture included in the 747 package? If not, do any of the skilled repainters on the AVSIM forums have any plans to create an Air Force One texture?Thanks!Chris Dolan

We are talking 747-400 here and I think Air Force One uses an older version of 747, perhaps -200 ?. The latter has much shorter upper deck.Michael J.

Guest FattyBear

I too would like an AF1 repaint. I know they are based on -200s but I think we can imagine the president stepping up to the latest model :)

I know, in this make belief world everything is possible.However one must note that presidents do not upgrade their aircraft as often as airlines do. The main value of these Air Force Ones is in highly specialized and classified equipment, custom interior, etc. Presidents do not have to have latest and most economical engines, avionics, because their aircraft is not used in typical airline operations.Michael J.

Guest xtremdav45

>Hi,>Will there be an Air Force One texture included in the 747>package? If not, do any of the skilled repainters on the AVSIM>forums have any plans to create an Air Force One texture?>>Thanks!>Chris Dolan1. I would give the chances of a fictional AF1 paint being included in the 747 as slim to none.2. I would expect that your chances of a AF1 paint being done by an individual painter on the AVSIM forums as very likely. Wont be me though.David Kisslinghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest CDolan1

Robin,Did you get my PM?

>I know, in this make belief world everything is possible.>However one must note that presidents do not upgrade their>aircraft as often as airlines do. The main value of these Air>Force Ones is in highly specialized and classified equipment,>custom interior, etc. Presidents do not have to have latest>and most economical engines, avionics, because their aircraft>is not used in typical airline operations.>>Michael J.Not to mention that the Executive Aircraft Fleet of the US Air Force doesn't turn nearly as many cycles as line aircraft.

HELLO!Is that heat distortion photoshopped? Its a very nice screen shot, looks real. Whats going on here, the background has the right amount of blur, the grass looks good. Everything but the plane says real picture. Actually the plane looks VERY nice, and looks very real, but the blue around the nose..I dont know what I am trying to say. I think its the shading of the blue color. GJ!I know the real AF1 is a 747-200, but hey if Harrison ford gets a 747-400 cockpit to fly in the movie Air Force One, then I would love a AF1 repaint:) I know PMDG wont make it, dang them and their standards :) J/KJohn Palmeri