Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdavenport4

ILS Failure

Guest cdavenport4

It seems that whenever I use the A/P to fly an ILS in the 737-700 the A/P always "loses" the ILS, for lack of a better word, and reverts to VOR/LOC mode (i.e. localizer is tracked but glideslope is not). Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix for this?Thanks in advanceCharles Davenport

Well to answer your question, the ILS capture works so there is something else going on. They only sure way to know is for you to provide a detailed post so we can narrow it down. Sometimes a simple screenshot at the moment it occures can clear up what is going wrong.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest neeraj.pendse

Yep, agree with Randy on that. Need more info! But a couple of quick comments:1. If you have the 800/900 upgrade it is best to have BOTH NAV receivers tuned to ILS.2. You trying to capture glideslope from BELOW, right?3. Ensure you are not at an airport with a LOC only approach.4. Ensure you are at the right speeds.- Neeraj.

Guest cdavenport4

I tried it once with the ILS freq in both nav recievers and it worked without any problem. I assume the fact that you have to have the freq in both radios is an issue with the software itself, yes?

Guest pierre974

Hi, That's a strange problem, because I often use the ILS on nav 1 and the VOR frequency on nav 2 (two different frequencies), and the glide path always works very well (I only have the indication that the configuration is on single channel). Actually, I use the two same frequencies (ILS on nav 1 and 2) when I want the aircraft to perform a complete autoland (low visibility).

FYI: Both Nav radios do not need to be tuned to the ILS frequency for a CAT I ILS approach. Both Nav recievers are required to be tuned for an ILS CAT II/III approach (for autoland).