Sign in to follow this  
Guest lou ross

fs 9 / fs9.1 and PMDG744

Guest lou ross

I'm one of the numerous simmers who has not nor is going to use fs9.1. So, hope you program your 744 to be avail for fs 9.0. Thanks, louross.

Patch worked great for me, just installed it the other day. The 744 works with either so far, this will only change if Pete D makes the dll only compatible with 9.1...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest ALT1487

Much better frames here after update

Well guys, that's always the same story, some of us had improvements,and some others got their sim messed up. No point to discuss why so many users decided not to install the patch.My side, I am waiting untill my next whole system re-install, and willinstall the pacth on a clean FS.I personnaly know too many people - I mean, friends - who installed the pacth and went into problems.The only thing I am looking forward in that patch is the fixedterrain.dll. Because when fs9 was released, I noticed immediately thatfs9 wasnt rendering the meshes like fs2002 did.And this forum is quite full of threads about the subject.

Guest JDiaz

Yeah patch definitely improved FPS on my system. I dunno why some people have an aversion to patches as if they're the plague or something. If it causes a problem I understand. Although I think it's the exception rather then the norm. Some people are though have major patch phobia lolJason

Sometimes patches, are blamed for other faults that lay dormant with other slower programs.I can't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't believe that an improvement should adversly effect an already fantastic sim and that MS would attempt to ruin it's Sim, by issuing it?It works fine for me and does all the things it claims to do but, shouldn't this thread be in another forum section?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Robin.B

I've installed the patch TWICE on different occasions on an absoultely clean sim, but I've still had a very unstable FS when I did. I uninstalled it about 5 minutes after I installed it.

>I've installed the patch TWICE on different occasions on an absolutely clean sim, but I've still had a very unstable FS when I did. I uninstalled it about 5 minutes after I installed it.Lot's of information in the FS forum on this. There are step by step instructions beyond what Microsoft provided to ensure a successful load. Check out the forum and do a search, it should be helpful.I have installed/uninstalled the patch on several PC's and configurations. Different mother boards/video cards/etc. Only a couple of times have I run into problems. When I have encountered a problem it has always been something other than the patch causing the issue (another add-on/bad driver/add-on incompatibility/etc). IMHO, the fixes and benefits of the patch far out way the risks.

Guest lou ross

Okay, thanks, Arnaud.lr.