Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

Throttles do not go to idle

Guest stevepow

Ok im sure there has been help on this subject but i never saw it. This is my problem as im coming in for a landing and get to 200 feet i disconnect my auto pilot making sure that the throttle on my flight sim yoke is all the way down (Idle) but as im hitting 50 feet and start to flare i do not notice a decrease in my speed in turn i just glide across the runway missing my landing mark by a huge margin what am i doing wron this happens on evey single flight that i make why does my throttle not go to idle? is there a certain way to do it.please help me to figure this problem out

Guest dwinters

I have a few suggestions,Firstly make sure youre auto-throttle is turned off, as I think the AP and AT are both separate (someone sorrect me if I'm wrong).Also could you perhaps post a screenie of your main panel, especially the engine instuments. This is because I have noticed that whilst flying the N1 value is never at its ground idle value, even when the throttles are closed. (again correct me if I'm wrong!!)I hope this helps,David Winters

Guest neil_b

If you are just turning off the A/T and not touching the throttle on your yoke then it doesnt register the switch over automatically.What I do is to disconnect the A/T then quickly move the throttle up and then back down to idle. This makes FS pick up on the "input" again and will move the power to idle, or whatever setting you want.

Guest RAR_Fan

What Neil said is correct, when your landing make sure your joystick (or whatever external throttle contols) are at idle, and to "wake-up" FS cycle them.I personally like to fly CAT-III approaches, so I disconnect the autothrottle at 150' R/A, and let the airplane land itself. Make sure your in landing configuration (i.e. flaps, spoilers, and of course gear(-: ) and at touchdown, gently lower the nose to get all gear on the runway, and engage reverse thrust. (breaking too, if you don't use auto-braking)I've never had a complaint from any of my passengers!! :-jumpy Cheers,Gerry

Guest Buck Bolduc

Mine works the same way Neils does.Pressing also works for me, providing the yokes throttle is ack.Best