Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

One CABIN TEASER

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Considering this is early in BETA, I'd think that's an appropriate assumption. :-lolhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Knikolaes

BAH! Those textures look bloody awesome. It's the functionality of the sim that is important, not the cosmetics. Remember a certain maker of the A380 add-on that is the ultimate embarrassment and joke of the year? They worried about cosmetics, but the bloody thing can't fly and was a complete waste of my money, and they refuse to even have a support forum or anything NEAR what PMDG provides their users, so from what I see so far this is FAR above and beyond anything I have ever seen.**bows in respect before the folks at PMDG** Keep it up, guys, you are doing more than we could ever 'realistically' expect.

Thats the stuff :-) Do we get working escape slides? :-lol

Alaister Kay

Do not agree. We haven't seen all angles indeed, but so far, the textures do not look to good, if you compared it with the stunning VC.I have a question. One of the developers told us that there would be part of the upper as well as the lower deck cabin. Can anyone please confirm this? Either verbally or visually ;-)?Thanks

The Cabin looks great to me, truthfully I could care less if there is a cabin but am happy that it completes the "overall package". I've seen the cabin redone on the 737 (SouthWest style) by users and would be great to see others apply their majic like they do for liveries. Another poster commented about frame rates, I have yet to find a detailed an "airliner cabin" that did not also make the FPS crawl a bit. But the Virtual cockpit has so many items that move about that I am blown away, take the CPT & FO's seats, you can move the chairs back and forth, move the arm rests and even adjust the head rests. The jump seat also moves, heck you can even see paper out of the printer! Certainly this VC is one of a kind in every area and with more FPS than the cabin at "present". I of course would like to see a NON CABIN version availible in the aircraft menu for those who do not use it and desire to save all that texture loading for other things. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest yawdamper

" I of course would like to see a NON CABIN version availible in the aircraft menu"VERY good point, Randy!Adrian

Guest neil_b

I too would prefer the non-cabin option. I've noticed a serious slowdown with other craft that include a cabin in the model.

> I of course would like to see a NON CABIN version availible>in the aircraft menu for those who do not use it and desire to>save all that texture loading for other things.Non-cabin version for me too ;)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest Robin.B

>Do not agree. We haven't seen all angles indeed, but so far,>the textures do not look to good, if you compared it with the>stunning VC.>>I have a question. One of the developers told us that there>would be part of the upper as well as the lower deck cabin.>Can anyone please confirm this? Either verbally or visually>;-)?>>ThanksJust noticed that you haven't signed your name as required by PMDG Forum rules...:)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I think there's a balance to strike between functionality and looks. Something can be extremely functional, but it if doesn't look realistic, then all the realistic modelling is gone to waste. Now, this Vcab looks very nicely designed, the seats are cool... The textures look like they're still early and far from done.I'd say visuals are important. I know many of you just want functionality, but if functionality was all that mattered, you might as well use PS1.3 and drop FS altogether, right? :) I think PMDG knows this, and I truly doubt they'll deliver anything short of a wonderful product with visuals and textures to match the amazing functionality.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I also prefer an option with no virtual cabin. A lot.Bob...

Guest Knikolaes

>Do not agree. We haven't seen all angles indeed, but so far,>the textures do not look to good, if you compared it with the>stunning VC.>>I have a question. One of the developers told us that there>would be part of the upper as well as the lower deck cabin.>Can anyone please confirm this? Either verbally or visually>;-)?>>ThanksI think I was clearly misunderstood. I was commenting on the LEVEL of detail being expected here.Yes I WOULD like an awesome level of detail in the cockpit, but I was referring to PMDG's awesome respect for the ability of the plane to fly WITH realism in the VC . . . . . and PMDG has never let us down yet **smiles**I was making the comparison to the embarrassment of WIlco and their so-called A380 -- the one that LOOKS good, but it has VERY annoying sounds, does NOT hold speeds in A/T, does NOT communicate with the FMC properly and even worse -- it's their model -- because integration of other panels resulted in the same effects on speed.I guess what I was trying to make clear was my thanks and gratitude on PMDG on taking their time to give us a product that DOES balance out between quality looks and functionality. The screenshots thus far of the cabin are great to me, and the cockpit -- absolutely stunning!!! I know some of you are saying that these textures "look unfinished", but compare them to most of the other cabins in add-on aircraft to date . . . . .The ONLY cabins on the market today that could possibly surpass what is seen above were made by . . you guessed it . . .PMDG . . . So least to say I know for a fact that they will keep up the same level of work and we will not be disappointed.

>but if functionality was all that mattered, you>might as well use PS1.3 and drop FS altogether, right? :) IYes and no. If functionality was all the mattered then PS1.3 was clearly enough but for most folks scenery/atmospherics are equally important to 'feel' the flight, hence they use FS. Virtual passenger cabin is hardly a distinguishing factor between PS1.3 and FS.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest yawdamper

Let me add my own personal opinion:yes, graphics are important! If I compare our B737 level D sim with the 767's, I am pretty amazed at what technology can do! Even more so now that I "need" to spend much more time in the sim than previously.Anyway, again, my personal opinion, I will probably not even touch the cabin as its not important _to me_. But as PMDG have alredy said so previously, the people working on the cabin aren't directly involved with the rest of the development so if they have enough time on their hands, why not make the cabin? I have no problem with that as long as it doesn't affect the performance of the rest (and doesn't extend the release date) - this is again my opinion! This way both the simulation freaks (like me) and the graphic freaks will be pleased - so a good marketing decision to include this cabin. I just sincerely hope that it won't affect the rest of the bird's performance and that we can choose whether or not we want to load it.What I do like (and miss in our sims) is the wing view - I hope that will be included even in the non-cabin version.Cheers,Adrian

Guest Captain Vala

First, I really appreciate the screenshots as we've been waiting for them for a long time.Now just putting my two cents in... I think what we need is a much much much better light rendering. I mean come-on, we all know that no matter how hard these guys at PMDG try to design the cabin, etc. look real, FS's light rendering engine just messes it all up! Just look at that cabin, its nice looking, but there are no shadows, and all the lighting looks fake... it seriously reminds me of my video games back in 1997, or even older "Wolf 3D"! (that's an exaggeration.)If you guys still dont know what I'm talking about, just take a look at the graphics from the newly released Battlefield 2. It uses the most advanced rendering technologies.http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefi...creenindex.htmlAnd for the movies:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield2/media.htmlNow I know that BF2 has nothing to do with our good'ol FS, but I really wanted to show you the graphics.And guys, I know we cant do anything to do with FS's graphics, but it was just my 2 cents ;)Vala