Sign in to follow this  
Guest arindamsen

Visual Approach

Guest arindamsen

Need some help from some experts as to how to execute visual approaches using the NG 600/700/800/900. I have been trying this for a long time now without any success. I fly into some of the Indian airports that I cannot find any charts for and these do not have ILS (atleast in FS2004). Also, How can I set the correct trim in the NG without using the joystick ?Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Guest EDCS

Hi,is the 737 able to operate on this airports?For visual approaches look at the profiles download.http://www.fmcguide.com/support.htmlI use ch yoke and pedals, but I believe youn can set a key combination in FS. Best regardsStefan

Guest iain williams

Good link Stefan - thanks for posting....IainTo add my bit of information that may or may not help as I am not sure of the experience level of the original posterWhen I am VFR without an approach plate I always use the DME of the VOR to determine a rough distance to landing (depends where the VOR is located in relation to the runway). I always am at 10,000 feet at 30 mile out, I slowly reduce air speed to 180 flaps 5/10 when about 16 mile out thereabouts, when decending on final approach my air speed is 10 KIAS above VREF (VREF is determined by weight or FMC calculation & readout). At outer marker I drop the gear and reduce speed to VREF + 5 with flaps at 30. I normally fly slightly lower than normal in VFR as I find it easier to reduce the decent angle and have a less steep appraoch than increase the angle. Depending on wind I may lower speed to VREF 1 mile out. At 20 feet I flare slighly ensuring 5 degree nose up on touch down. Normally I auto pilot the speed and manually do everything else.The above works for me. From my research I discovered there are many ways to fly the 737. I find this way is good for me.I have some cheat notes I made. If I can find them (they are on another PC) I'll send them to you. Iain

its extremely hard to do VP in Fs cause u cant see the field and the runway until its too late.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram