Sign in to follow this  
Guest aidanybbn

Nav Aid - Simply Amazing

Guest aidanybbn

Hey Guys,Now I dont know if i'm late on the band wagon here, but I have come across something simply amazing!!!!!!!Its a program from nasa called World Wind... It allows you to view any part of the world from any angle & 3D (Elevations)There is also an aeronautical addon that i came across that has every airport, airway High / low, Vor, NDB, localisers, frequencys... U name it.Now my reason for posting here is cause I am new to FMC based navigation and well its a good way to see where u are going, u can add a few extra waypoints for sight seeing and you can see where you would have flown over!!!..... Good for us newbies....Have a look at my attachemnt for an example... I have used denver as an example!!!Moderators Im not trying to flog this Prog in any way... I just thought that this interested the PMDG Community!!http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ (Link to the program)http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Aeronautical (Aero Add on)Hope you like this as much as I do!!!!!Aidan RiceHome Port YBBN

What is this some sort of advertizement? Anyone see the DELETE button? '-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest aidanybbn

Randy,As I said... Im not trying to flog it! Just found it, Stumbled across it! Thought Id share with others.No harm in that is there! But if there is! Please delete it!! No offence.AidanYBBN

Don't apologise Aidan - it looks fascinating. Thank you for posting it and drawing it to our attention.Gerry

Hey I did put a smiley there ;-) I do not have any control in this forum, just like you, a forum participant only. How bout that 744? [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest aidanybbn

How Bout that 744??..heheGood topic changer but are the only one that knows hehehe!!!Didnt see you smiley Randy!!

Guest aidanybbn

Michael,Wow!! Im totaly blown with powerful it is!!! I now know exacly which Waypoint I live under here in Brissy!! AidanYBBN

Guest pellelil

LOL - Well the rest of us who DON'T HAVE A NICE 744, has to settle for programs showing the globe, and while the earth is slowly revolving we are sitting here making 744 noises and dreaming of "The Day" :-)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal