Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexhn

virtual cabin lighting

Guest alexhn

will VC cabin lighting be controlled independently, or turn on with the NAV lights, because 744s usually do flights where the passengers need to sleep, and bright lights wouldn't help that :)

if the passengers want to sleep, they would close their window shade. But I do hope the VC lighting is not linked to ANY exterior lights as that gets really annoying and troublesome

In the real A/C the passenger cabin lights are set in the cabin. The cockpit usually does not have control over this. Anyone wanna confirm.

I'm certainly no expert but on a trip last week from Sydney to LAX on a Quantas 744 I actually watched the upstairs flight attendant control the cabin lighting after the meal service was completed and we were settling in for the sleep cycle :) So "Yes", the flight attendants can contol the lighting but I have no idea if there are duplicate controls in the flight station. Actually I doubt there are but I can't be sure.DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB)2GB DDR SDRAM74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) & 120GB SATA (D: )256MB ATI Radeon X800 XT (Catalyst 5.6)Audigy 2 ZS SoundMS Force Feedback 2WindowsXP Pro (SP2)DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yep i can confirm.... unless switching off electricity to the whole aircraft or pulling a breaker counts :-)Gary