Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

Lauda Air in Pueblo?

Guest Knikolaes

Okay, NG Pilots, here's one for you.I got in just a few minutes ago from an errand and as I looked up I saw, on the glideslope for KPUB, a 737 on the glideslope for Pueblo. Okay, now 737 BBJ's do pop in once in a while at our humble little spot, but what caught my attention was the paint . . . . It was Lauda Air!!!! To the tee. I looked them up on the web just now and they don't even serve the U.S. at all from what i see, and if they did they'd be using longer range jets I would think.However another thought to mind, I got a VERY good look at the tail and most of the fuselage and that is how I was able to trace it on Airliners.net as Lauda Air, but I was wondering if maybe an old Lauda jet was sold off to a private sector that still carried maybe the tail logo and paint? I could not see if the actual Lauda Air lettering was on the fuselage, nor could I see the tail number. I was going to chase it, but I am tight on fuel right now :-(<>More specific for me to add, I DID find Lauda jets all over airliners.net serving the US, but they were 767's, not 737's **smiles** Before anyone catches that I thought I would clarify it was the 737 this far from home that got me interested in this topic.

Guest tmetzinger

don't know if there are any maintenance (engines, airframe, paint, avionics, interiors) facilities at Pueblo, but it could have been there for work or a refit or an inspection, or even for a sale.

Guest JetCaptain

The airline I used to fly for was an FAR121 carrier with numerous scheduled routes all over the U.S. and foreign countries, but that airline and most others also exercise whats called "On Demand Charter" which simply means they will charter their aircraft out too. Lauda (although an Austrian air carrier) probably operates similarly.This is my best guess. Hope I'm right.Take Care.

Guest Knikolaes

Aye, and Pueblo is by far THE most popular airport for private and charter aircraft in the Central U.S. Our location is such that no matter where in the U.S. you are going, you can swing on in for refuel. Also -- we are a major alternate if both Denver AND Colorado Springs get "weathered out" for delays. Last week our little memorial airport was lined with Ted, United and Frontier aircraft because of the storms in both Denver and Colorado Springs. It was quite a site and I hated not having a digitial camera.I see a lot of liveries that frequent DEN and COS, as well as C-130's and DHC-6's fromt he Air Force doign thir practice here. The place I am living is at the beginning of the glideslope for 8L at PUB. SO least to say I sit in my yard and watch the planes fly over a lot.It was quite the surprise though to see that tail and paint scheme. When she flew over I thought "now that looks bloody familiar -- not like a BBJ scheme." So I ran downtairs and got on airliners.net and pulled up "737-800/900/BBJ2 and the Lauda Air livery was the second photo to be displayed. I recognized it completely and was scratching my head in bogglement, so I pulled up this forum for the NG lovers and tossed the topic up **smiles**Yes, I am in a smaller town and stuff like that gets me going -- hee hee.