Sign in to follow this  
Guest ringway

navdata query

Guest ringway

i keep seeing references to downloading AIRAC and SID/STAR for routeplanning and having looked at navdata's website can some kind soul please explain how i go about downloading them and then using them? thanksneil c

Guest stang

Hello Neil. You might start by going to the Terminal Procedures forum here at avsim and reading the pinned topic "How to update PMDG procedures". RegardsTerry

Guest ringway

thanks terry. have located forum and will attempt to implement. please be patient and expect a plea for guidence to navigate through the procedures. neil c

Guest ringway

terry. have sucessfully downloaded and installed/overwritten current SIDSTARs (a major achievement for a dinausar like me) and have downloaded the(unzipped) AIRAC file but dont know where to load it. help please?regards neil c

Guest pierre974

Hi there,unzip the AIRAC file and execute it, it will find its way to the right folder in fs9 (FMCWP folder - NAVDATA subfolder) and automatically make a backup file.Then launch MFS and choose your favorite PMDG aircraft, go into the FMC and you will see that your AIRAC cycle had been updated.You can do it monthly, and add SID and STAR files (in the PMDG folder) when you want, by selecting them on the NAVDATA website.