Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

Project AI - You don't have to be psychic but it helps!

Guest JDH

Well, I took the plunge yesterday and made a start with Project AI. Spent an hour or so downloading the base installer and then downloaded three airline auto installers, BA, KLM and Lufthansa. Opened the zip file to find the base installer exe file and no documentation. OK. So, deep breath and I installed it.No problems so far. Opened the BA zip, again the installer and no documentation. Hmmmm, OK, clearly on my own again, so double-click and off it goes. Seems a good bit of kit, installs the aicraft and does all the TTool stuff, very clever.So, can I run another airline installer? Absolutely no idea, there is no documentation with the files after all! So, I run the KLM one, thinking I'll check the traffic BGL afterwards. All runs fine. I rerun the decompiler to check what it has done.And what a surprise, the KLM installation has simply overwritten the BA one.So, my question is, how do I install multiple airlines as, for me certainly, the auto-install simply doesn't work like that. Am I supposed to do anything after each installation?? Or do multiple airlines simply have to be done manually. I have NO idea because there are NO instructions with any of the downloads.Many thanks to anyone who can help!

Guest nirvana

i've the same problem! what to do??

Guest JDH

Yes, all exe files go in a temp folder before I use them!I don't doubt that is is worth it, some of the screenies I have seen look great, just could use some basic instructions with the downloads.

I tried to install Project AI on friday and I'll tell you how it went in case it offers some help to you... I started running all the installers directly from the winzip window. In fact, they seemed to be working fine: the aircraft were created, the plans compiled, the traffic.bgl file created and so on. But when I tried to fly... ohhh... I still had the older planes and none of the new had been added. I tried a couple of times more with the same results. Then, I thought it would be a good idea to extract the installers to another folder, and run them from there. This way, I did the whole process again... and yes!, the planes were there. I don't remember in which order I did the installation (indeed, I installed all the airlines avalaible on friday), first the european and later the others. I don't have any problem of some installations deleting the previous ones. You can check the PAI (in their own page) forums, because I have read something similar to your case in there... Have good luck in your search because the final product deserves it.... Greetings from Spain.

Hi ,it seems there's a problem with BA,AF and Westjet.For those airlines,just install them in some new folder you create ,then copy and paste the textures,plans,and aircrafts in the appropriate files in ttool and your aircraft folders.Don't forget to create a new flightsim section in the aircraft.cfg.The you compile again and it should work.Good luckRichard

Guest nirvana

thank you guys! i'll give it a try! peter

thats the deal, John. apparently there is a problem with the airports in Athens and installing Air France and Olympic 1st eliminates the problem there.also...i've found that some airlines are "named" wrong in the aircraft.cfg file after installed. i have found problems with British, USAirways and JetBlue. i believe they have a fix and new FDE's to download on their site that may fix these, but what i had to do was make sure in the aircraft config files for these airlines that where it says "atc_airline=*****" - that USAIR should be US AIR and JETBLUE should be JET BLUE and BRITISH should read SPEED BIRD. if you dont do this, you'll here these planes just calling in using their flight numbers and no callsigns. i believe there's another one of European origin that needs to be fixed, but i haven't figured out which it is yet. have fun, cuz PAI does some wonderful stuff.chris

Guest Stamatis

Go to the Project AI website, click on Forums Area and then click on File Library at the top of the page. Now click on Miscellaneous and download the Basic Tutorial file.Stamatis

>Spent an hour or so downloading the base >installer and then downloaded three airline auto installers, >BA, KLM and Lufthansa.Damn! You must be kidding man! I did exactly the same thing yesterday, I even chose the same liveries... :-hahWell I also found it very difficult at the beginning, but then it worked fine. I was wondering why there were so few planes at Frankfurt... Put an add-on AFCAD file over it, and BAM it was crowded immediately :-hah!!!All right, there were problems when compiling. Always errors 'bout the missing airport LGAV (Greece as far as I remember). Well until now I just deleted the lines in Flightplans.txt which contained LGAV... but that's not a very good solution coz all the other destinations of that flight also go away.So does anyone have an AFCAD file adding LGAV to the AFD?Regards :-wave from EDDFhttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/etti/signature_pro.jpg

Guest Stamatis

"Always errors 'bout the missing airport LGAV (Greece as far as I remember). Well until now I just deleted the lines in Flightplans.txt which contained LGAV... but that's not a very good solution coz all the other destinations of that flight also go away."The missing LGAV entry is from the Airpors.txt file, not an AFCAD file. The compiler does not check for AFCAD files. What is needed is an Airport.txt file with an entry for LGAV.If you download and install the Basic package first, not forgetting to enable the GA installation, you will not have a problem with LGAV. At least I did not encounter it myself."So does anyone have an AFCAD file adding LGAV to the AFD?"There are at least a couple around. Search the Avsim Library since you are here :-)Stamatis

Guest JDH

Ahhh! Thanks for that, I will check it out later!!Thanks for all the replies & suggestions guys!