Sign in to follow this  
michal

beta shots - allow or not?

>The problem is that theres 2 real groups of FS fans. The>looks group, and the realism group.>>The looks people have every display setting maxed out, refuse>to fly to anywhere they don't have scenery for, and post>screenshots on airliners.net all day. However, they probably>fly with GPS direct routing, take off with near tail-strikes,>overspeed and assume the only way to land is by hitting APP.>>The realism people spend an hour preparing the aircraft, going>over checklists, checking systems religiously, flying the>exact procedures, flying with real ATC, and get upset if their>pilots shirt is still in the wash. However, they don't care>for scenery (much), posting screenshots, nor whether they is>an option for having ice in the drinks in the virtual cabin.>>Personally, I feel PMDG is aimed more at the realism nuts, but>they do a fine fine job with the looks too.>>I do think some people have gone OTT with regards to stuff>that is "wrong" recently, but the praise outweighs all that.>>*some portions of this post not to be taken seriouslyEXACTLY how I feel. THANK YOU NEIL!

>Hahaah! > Yeah those wipers do look a little thin and small.>Since the PMDG guys are doing their final beta "exhaustive">testing now on the B747-400 how about doing a remedy to this?>After all what are testing for if bugs like this are discussed>about but nothing done? Might as well release it now?>>Regards,>MelissaTrust me, if the worst "bug" you can find in this airplane is that the windshield wipers are too thin, we've more than done our jobs as testers. This is a home PC simulation, not the real freaking airplane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Hi All,>>I personally like the beta pics but there should be a caviet.>This being that they ARE beta shots which does not entitle all>of the forum to be visual beta testers and point out what may>already be known and on a list of fixes. Being a Beta tester>myself, I know not to stick my nose into a development process>that I'm not invited to be a part of and am just enjoying>shots of what looks to be a great release.100% agreed with you there - if you see something in a shot that you really think is a bug or something that otherwise needs fixing, try emailing a member of the beta team to see if it's already been reported. This would be FAR more constructive than flaming PMDG or the test team on the forum, which accomplishes nothing more than making the person doing said flaming look like a you know what...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Knikolaes

Heheh. Too-shay (or however ya spell it) **smiles**