Sign in to follow this  
gustav

Beta pictures - or the possible lack of...

Guest aarskringspier

Its amazing that grown men can act so foolish. I thought I was out of High School. I want to read about and see when possible the 744, not some whiners post about wind shield wipers.

Guest FattyBear

PMDG can either deal with people noticing details (sometimes, though rarely, notice something useful like the PFD), or PMDG can deal with people posting and asking for updates on the status.

Guest BruceRob

Like the subject says, these are BETA pictures! There's a pretty good chance that the PMDG team already know about these little "details" that you people are whining about. With 40,000+ hours of experience at their fingertips, I doubt that anything that is contributed here by these "nit-pcikers" is new to them! How do you know it's not on their list and they aren't at that step yet?? I've got over 3,500 hours in a VA flying the Meljet 747-400. I also own the PMDG 737. When PMDG rolls out the Queen, it will raise the bar for anyone else thinking of designing aircraft for FS. The Queen will be the most advanced aircraft that *I* have ever flown. Do I care if the wing flex is a half of a degree off? No. Do I care that certain controls aren't "blue" enough? No. Do I care that the lighting in the cabin isn't as advanced as some other video game? ####, No!Now there's talk about the beta testers not going to show the screen shots anymore because of all this nit-picking. I, for one, would be very unhappy because I plan to buy the Queen no matter HOW many little "flaws" these nit-pickers can find before the final version is released!I am enjoying the pictures that the Beta team have graciously contributed to this forum for what they are: a preview of what is to come, NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!PMDG, you guys are doing an awesome job. I hope you will continue to keep us informed and not let these whiners and nit-pickers stand in your way of producing a product that will raise the level of what is available in the FS industry. :-) Bruce

I can't understand for the life of me why such people are concerned with these stupid visual details. Do you know how many times in my life I used the 737 wipers? Never man. But maybe I'm a freak. Maybe I'd rather try to fly a complex airplane instead of fidgeting with the glorious wipers. Reality check nit-pickers: windshield wipers have been around for a looong time. And it ain't a whole lotta fun to mess with them either. But, seeing that some of you are such dedicated wiper-simulators, I'll even invite you over to come and play with my car's wipers. As real as it gets. You're gonna have a ball. What are you gonna ask for next, that the windshield wipers break and fly away if you use them over 200kt?I'm actually laughing out loud thinking about these customers buying their queen and upon installation checking out the wipers and glareshields and wing flex and the outside view before even turning on the APUs or playing with the all-new IRS systems. Yep. Because that's what simming is all about. wiping #### off the window (as if there were FS bird droppings)Sorry for this rant. I just think it so unfair that everybody in this forum has to be hurt by a few stupid men.Victor<>because I forgot to signhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

I was actually wondering how long a thread like this would take to come out to the open to show me I am not the only one that feels like this.I read a post somewhere around here about someone complaining of not enough pictures. I was like, "#####?" There are pictures EVERYWHERE!!! And to me, a Simmer -- because simming is what we do -- they are AWESOME!!! I love them!!!This is NOT an FAA-Approved simulation meant to teach everyone how to fly the real bloody craft. This is a project that PMDG is placing thousands of hours of VERY hard work for our enjoyment, and I do not care WHAT the price is, I will pay it to ad her to my fleet.I will attest, as many have seen by my signature around the forum, that i am indeed a student pilot in real life. We also have many veteran pilots here in the forum. I believe what is important to us who actually know what is important about flying in either real life or simulation is not cosmetics, but rather how we just feel with the bird we love.The horizon indicator looks like it works and will keep me upright. The HD looks like it will point me in the right direction. All other critical gauges are there and in GREAT detail and look like they will flawlessly (minus failures for simulation) guide me on a trip to wherever I need to go.To me, one who loves to -- well -- fly -- that is important, and PMDG has provided by far some of the BEST airliner simulation I have ever encountered. So have a few other great producers such as Feelthere and LDS. PSS, while not having much VC Clickability, has kept me busy for MANY hours in their airbus fleet and the Concorde, and I am excited about their 777 as well.I think a lot of folks here have been coming down way hard on PMDG for little details like these "wipers" and "buttons", when they are not seeing how superb the product already is. I man, WOW! Look at Wilco and the 380 Massacre! THEN look at the production of this 747 and be VERY thankful for the difference in quality and the amount of effort being put into this project.Plain and simple, folks -- if you do not like how PMDG does things -- you may as well take your business elsewhere -- go fly the default 744 or something. Because we all well know that there are PLENTY of us out here who truly see PMDG for their efforts and have our credit cards ready and waiting for this wonderful product.To tell you the truth -- even if there is a bug here and there in her systems, I'll be proud to have her in my hanger for her overall value -- the effort put into her by the hands that made her -- and a VERY big thank you for the add-ons PMDG has ALREADY provided me with hours of endless adventure with.Do I look at wiper animations and other eye candy and enjoy it? Heck, if it's there, I DO enjoy it. I have flipped on the wipers a few times in the 737 just because I could and I had a moment of free time to throw in a little extra procedure during a rainstorm. I have admired the cabin -- NOT for my being able to go back there, but rather as an art fanatic admiring the art of a favorite artist. Cosmetics in simulation software is art, and I appreciate it for what it is worth.Would the 737 be less fun if it didnt have the wipers? I probably wouldnt even notice. Same with the cabin. Would she be less fun if the systems malfunctioned and kept me going into overspeed and tearing apart a sim I just paid $40.00 for? Okay now THAT I would go to support for and seek help, for obvious reasons.Weigh the priorities, folks, and remember no one is twisting your arms to buy this product. In my honest opinion, it will be an honor and privilidge to have her in my hanger, and I can't wait to do a full story on her for my aviation web site.Okay so this was going to be my $0.02, but I think I gathered $2.50PMDG: Screenshots or not, I look forward to your release. I have been alive for 29 years now -- almost 30, so I do not think me life will end soon in the wait for an absolutely fabulous product. And I know I will still be around and waiting with CC in hand when the MD-11 comes to be as well.<<>> - to correct me horrible spelling. HEY! I wear a Kilt - I can swing a sword, but who said I had to bloody spell? **laughs**

uh, seems like the story repeats itself.. every now an then somebody has to be reminded that there is a GOOD beta team. I think this time it's one of the best ever from what I've read :) PMDG, thank you for the hard work and for keeping us updated, and mainly because you listen to what users say even when the product is released :) Luca

It worrey's me that some people blast a company because a windscreen wiper is too small rather than an accurate panel.hmmmHonestly, like others (hopefully many) i personally dont care if the wing flex is a little bit off. As long as it flys like a 744 (many of us have not even flown one) and has good systems, i will be happy.