Sign in to follow this  
Guest dwinters

Outer Marker

Guest dwinters

Is there a way of telling when you are passing the Outer Marker in the PMDG737-700.This is really helpful when flying online as ATC sometimes says maintain ???knots until outer marker.Any help appreciated, ThanksDavid

As long as you have the rwy frequency you should hear the OM beep and an (orange?) light should flash on the main panel.Another way, if you correctly file a flight plan, you should see something like OM27 on the Screen.

If you're flying the PMDG 737NG, go to your radio panel and look for the little button there among the comm boxes marked "MKR" Illuminate it by 'pressing' it with the mouse (The cursor should turn into a little hand), and when you pass over the Outer Marker, Middle Marker and Inner Marker, you will hear the tones they generate.ChuckC-130H Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAthlon XP 2800+ | ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR PC2700 | WD 120 gig HD | WD 80 gig HD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest neeraj.pendse

A little circle with letters "OM" should appear on the top-right corner of your PFD ... about 6 or 7 nm from airport, 5 nm from the runway threshold.- Neeraj

Guest dwinters

Thanks for the help people.When I was flying online the other night, the OM didn't show up where it should have. I think this may have been because i resumed the flight mid-way through.Anyway, at least I know it should work now and where to lookDavid