Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

Problem holding 737 straight after touch down?

Guest iain williams

Hey guys:I recently pushed all my FS9 realism sliders to maximum. Since doing this I've been having problems maintaining a straight line after landing in the 737 series. It wiggles left & right as I try to straighten using my peddles. Anyone in the back would suffer brain damage! Ideas? Perhaps the realism sliders should not be to the right but elsewhere for realistic performance.Advice appreciated. Thanks...IAIN

Guest dwinters

I have a similar problem, both on landing and takeoff. I am sure that the plane should maintain a fairly straight line, with only a few imputs from the pedals, however it seems very wavy! (if you see what I mean!!)Could it be wind problems?David

Guest Erups

Using registered fsuipc together with any meteo software?If not look if you have any sidewind at all: even 3 or 4kts in FS do push an airliner big time.This is one of the bad aspects in FS since years.

I've noticed this behaviour too and I think the problem is more evident when landing in a crosswind...don't know how realistic this is but I'm sure someone else can enlighten us.

Richard Åsberg

Hi all,I have had this problem also, and I have to stay on top of it to keep it straight. The problem is not with the PMDG product but it's with FS2004, which is one of the many faults in FS. I don't think this is realistic at all. I have the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback and the joystick not only moves left and right for banking, but also twist, when yawing in flight or steering the nosewheel on the ground. I can bearly twist the joystick and the nosewheel makes a violent or sudden turn and the real aircraft does not have this characteristic with only a small control input. This is one of the things I'm very disappointed with in the FS software. I can fly any aircraft in FS and all of them respond too violently with small control inputs. Even the ailerons and elevator controls are way too sensitive. I've flown real airplanes and they never respond this violently. I've tried turning down the sensitivities and they have no effect. I've tried editing the air files or the aircraft configuation file. After I have edited them, the aircraft responds smoothly, like in the real world, but another problem would come up. The aircraft starts to make violent vibrations at about 3000 feet. So correcting one problem caused another. So much for trying to fix that problem. I agree with all of you. Let's hope if FS2006 is released, these problems will be corrected.Ken.

Guest glenlee

Hi, you said you've turned the sesitivity all the way down, have you tried moving the null zones to the smallest setting?Null zones in FS just ignore the area in the zone and when the joystick is moved outside of that area the value is still read as how far you've moved it. So instead of zero starting on the outside line of the null zone it starts in the middle. (Can't think of a better way to explain what I'm trying to say, sorry!!)If you have a registered version of FSUIPC you should calibrate the joystick with that, the null zones are modeled correctly.My set up, 'simple, all axis' Null zone - small and sensitivity max.Another helpful hint, turn off force feedback, it's hard work.

Guest iain williams

Thanks folks!I'm glad it's an inherent FS9 problem and not my system playing up!Despite this, I will adjust my null zones.What realism setting do you run? As I said I've maxed mine to the right - maybe I should bring some back to the middle to minimise the sway problem on rollout - suggestions to best settings in this area?I guess we will have to hope that Micro$oft improves this in 2006.In the meantime, once you "hit the mat" that's that - forget about replicating a smooth straight line rollout. Iain

Hi Glenlee,Yes, I have the registered verison of the FSUIPC. I've tried to calibrate the joystick using that but instead of reducing the sensitivities, it get's more sensitive and I don't need it more sensitive. It's way too sensitive as it is. I've tried everything I could to reduce it but there's no way to reduce it. Are you able to reduce the sensitivity on your FSUIPC? Ken.

Guest glenlee

Ken, I don't have a problem with this at all. I fly with registered versionof fsuipc with zero in all null zones for my MS force feedback 2 joystick.I also use ASV for winds/weather and that does give a push when you'resomewhere near the ground, but it's a real amount and always in line withthe wind guage on the Display. I do lose the centre line a bit but that'sbecause I'm not very good!!!!I have my realism settings all on full (except I don't have sun glare and geffects on)Sensitivity in MS setup is set to simple, and fully right with the null zonethen fully to the left.Appart from that I don't know what to suggest?Glen

Guest glenlee

Just to confirm the way you've calibrated in FSUIPC1. Move joystick fully bottom and right a press the first set button on bothAilerons and Elevators boxes2. Move joystick Fully top and Left and press the 3rd set boxes on bothpanels3. 2 Options for the null zone, zero the realtime figures and press thecentre set button twice on each axisorMove slightly top left and press centre set 'once' and then move slightlybottom right and press the same set butons 'once' more.This will create a null zone of your choice.Not saying you haven't set it up like this just explaining what I do.G