Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris_1981

Does 747 have wingviews?

Guest chris_1981

Hi there,I just wanted to say that the preview pictures on the forum and the site of PMDG look superb!Only one question: does the 747 have wingviews (visible from the virtual cabin) just as on the 737?I didn't find that on the (already lengthy!!!) features list.Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to the release. Christiaan

Guest dt1951

The 747-400 does have winglets. The other variants (-100,200,-300) do not. I believe all the picture posted by PMDG (and beta testers) show it...Dan Ward

Guest thscholz

>The 747-400 does have winglets. The other variants>(-100,200,-300) do not. I believe all the picture posted by>PMDG (and beta testers) show it...>>Dan Ward:-lol Oh yes, and if the 747-400 has wingviews then you can see the winglets.;-) CheersThomas

Guest Boaz

This is an excellent example of how little people actually read before replying :-)Boaz...

Guest chris_1981

I have to agree with you guys!....but nevertheless thanks for replying.Let's rephrase my question:Does anyone know if the upcoming PMDG 747-400 model has build in wingviews visible from the virtual cockpit?Cheers,Christiaan

I don't believe you can see the wings from the r/w 744 cockpit. To far back.

George, I think you're wrong.here is a shot I took myself in feb 2003, during a trip I had the pleasure to do in the cockpit of a 744 all over the Atlantic, between Paris and Miami.You can see the edge of the wings.I am a wingviews fan too, and even if the PMDG 744 does not includewing view from the VC, it should nevertheless be possible to set somefrom any other point of view.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/121522.jpg

You probably took this shot from the jumpseat, right?I believe the rear window in the cockpit may be at a better angle that allows for some wing view (as you picture demonstrates it) however pilots can't real see it from their seats. There is even an interesting conversation between the crew on the Virgin Atlantic 747-400 DVD where the captain goes through takeoff abort scenerio and discusses what role each memmber would play when this happens. He specifically asks the 3-rd pilot seated in the jumseat to give them more information on which engine could have failed based on his better window view.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Nice shot Arnaud. I can't check right now but will check out later this evening.

Can you use activecamera and move back from the VC to see the wings like a passenger like the 737?

From my understanding it'll be like the NG you'll get a choice between a VC+Virtual cabin with the wingview, Wingviews but no VC or virtual cabin, or a VC on its own and no wingviews.

G-MIDY/Lawrence :-scatterAMD 3000+ | 6800GT | 1GB GeiL |

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Yes Michael, I did the trip on the left jumpseat, just behindthe captain's. But in order to take this shot, I had to stand right behind the captain, because the jumpseat is too far back from the rear window.Actually I think the captain if he turns his head back can see what'son the pic.But anywyay, what matters indeed is that the PMDG users will be able to set a passenger wing view. The view one has on the wings from the rear of the aircraft is much more impressive than the one from the cockpit.Regards,