Sign in to follow this  
Guest soonerpilot

Parking Assignments

Guest soonerpilot

Whenever i land at an airport, i request taxi to the gate and every time i get instructions to taxi to another airlines gate. I usually fly WN and i have edited the aircraft.cfg file for SWA parking. This even happens when there are many SWA gates available. Is there anything I can do to change this or is this just bad Microsoft ATC?

Guest dghart

FS9's ATC is almost totally useless. Why not fly online with Vatsim? It's much more realistic and is easier to use now that SB3.0 has been released. I rarely fly anything but Vatsim and have been flying online for years...Hope this helps!Dave Hart

Guest normanvdm

Hey Guys,Small note on this, in the USA gates are "owned" by the airlines and not by the airport so they will recieve gate info via the company therefore the "taxi to the gate/stand" is correct in USA terms however as you say they do not know which company owns which gates. But as said come fly on VATSIM and in europe you will recieve a gate as done IRL.Cheers,Norm-This does not a commerical for VATSIM or means disrespect to any other online flying group. (to avoid a long painfull topic.)

so in real life in the USA you would only get a "taxi to terminal x" clearance? Thanks, Luca

Guest Boaz

Same here!I hoped that it at least would assign me to the nearest gate... But nooooo ATC would have none of that!Darn!Boaz...

Guest normanvdm

>so in real life in the USA you would only get a "taxi to>terminal x" clearance? >IRL you would get "taxi to the park" or "taxi to the park via Alpha Bravo and Charlie etc."Cheers,Norm

Guest scottzdc

Generally, the pilot knows their gate - they made an 'in range' call to their dispatch at the airport at 100nm or so.When calling ground after leaving the active, they check on with - Dulles ground, United 915 heavy to gate charlie one.Once while jumpseating to O'Hare, dispatch told us expect gate B12, but there is aircraft at gate that will push in 20 minutes. so, when we checked on ground, the pilot said "we need the penalty box, we are for gate B12, but it's full, company says 15-20 minutes" so there we sat for 30 minutes! ouchChris Saunders

Guest normanvdm

>Once while jumpseating to O'Hare, dispatch told us expect gate>B12, but there is aircraft at gate that will push in 20>minutes. so, when we checked on ground, the pilot said "we>need the penalty box, we are for gate B12, but it's full,>company says 15-20 minutes" so there we sat for 30 minutes!Thats the bad thing of the USA system a company only has a number of gates and cannot use all or most of the gates, which is the case in Europe.Regards,Norm

Guest JDiaz

Depends on the airport. I think in some airports the Airline owns or leases the gates from the airport in some other airports in the US the airport owns all or most gates and they are common use.Having said that even then most aircraft from one airline are grouped as close together so as to make their operations efficient unless it's a very small airport in which case it doesn't matter lolI definitely hope that the new incarnation of FS (if there ever is one) fixes that small issue. I don't think it would be difficult to have your own aircraft sent to your airlines gates via assignments in AFCAD, etc. It's already done with AI traffic. Would definitely add to the realism.VATSIM of course is a great alternative.Jason

thanks for your answers. :) Luca

Guest dgeddes

To try and answer your original question, the parking codes in your aircraft.cfg only apply to AI aircraft, they have no effect on what gate the default ATC will assign you.No one says you have to taxi to that gate though.-Don

You can specify certain gates at specific airports for certain airlines with AFCAD cant you?regards Patrick