Sign in to follow this  
Guest nat2005

Blury Textures!!

Guest nat2005

Hello everyone,My problem is that basically when i change views in the 2D Cockpit, or change to Spot Plane view, TWR etc, at for example the default FS2004 Seatle (KSEA) scenery all the textures of the VC, gnd textures, tree textures, cloud textures, everything, go blury, it stutters before they go blury and then all the textures go blury, almost like its too much work to load all the textures. I have nearly all the sliders on full and havent had this problem before. What do you think? I have a few ideas: My graphics card is too old to cope with my systems demand (My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB, and the rest of my system is very up to date)? Some settings have changed? The only way i have found so far to get the textures how they should be is to click ALT (which isnt very affective, it only keeps them unblury for about 2 minutes) or to change a setting in the Display settings so it reloads the sceneryI will try posting some screenshots of before and After they go blury. In a months time i am getting a GeFore6 6800GT 256MB so i will see if that helps but it would be nice if i could solve it allot sooner.Cheers,Nathanial

Nthanial,in a word "upgrade" ;) It could be a driver issue, but if your running a 64mb card - I would hurry that one month up :)

Guest McGraw

Your sig says 128mb but your post says 64mb.Which one is it?Jonathan Clarke

Does this happen with only PMDG aircraft? If so, which aircraft? Is this a repaint you or someone else did and not a PMDG supplied livery?

Guest nat2005

Sorry must change my sig, its a 64MB, i will try a different driver but my current one gives me the best performance. I will give it a go. Any more ideas. Thank youNathanial

Guest nat2005

Hi, It happens with all the acft in FS9 and the livery of the PMDG 737-600 (the one i always use) was supplied by PMDG.Nathanial

Is this a recent development or has this always been like this? If not, what happened before the blurry textures? Install any new addons? FS crash to desktop?

Guest nat2005

I dont think it is a result of any add-ons etc.. becuase as i recall it happened about 2 months ago and then just seemed to stop happening and now its started again, sorry i cant give you more information, i will keep trying to remeber if i installed anything lately,Cheers,Nathanial

One thing to try is to create a new FS config file. Go to your hidden FS folder and rename the FS config file. Start FS then see if this clears up your texture problem. If you're using Windows XP Pro, the hidden FS folder can be made visible by selecting the drive FS is installed on, selecting the Folder options... menu items under the tools menu, select the View tab then select the Show Hidden files and folders radio button.Good luck,

Guest nat2005

I rebuilt the FS Config file but no luck im afraid, still the same, the blury textures might be loading back slightly quicker but thats the only difference. Nathanial

Guest nat2005

In one of the earlier posts of this thread i mentioned that this very same thing happened about two months ago, well, that happened while i was just messing around in the PMDG at Manchester, UK (I have uk2000 Part 4 (then i just had the UK2000 Manchester), VFR Photographic scenery and VFR Terrain). It didnt seem to do it again untill earlier this week (which is why i came on the forum). Strangely enought the first time it happened this week was at Manchester again, i was on a flight from EGCC-LKPR, and from then on its been happening most of the time. I have FS SKY WORLD installed ,AS 4.5 and FS2Crew. Hope this helps solving my problem.Nathanial

Nathanial,best method at this point is to uninstall all of the add-on scenery, load one of your PMDG aircraft and see if the textures have regained their sharpness. If so, re-install your scenery, one at a time and enter the PMDG to check texture sharpness. Do this for each of your add-on's to check which of your add-ons might be causing this.Good luck,

Guest nat2005

ok, thankyou for your advise, i will give it a try and let you know when i have some results, thanxNathanial

Guest nat2005

i uninstalled all my addons and reinstalled them one at a time but no change, one thing that i have noticed tho is that you know in FS9 when you change view the building textures are black for a second untill they load themselves, well this has been happening with me all the time, even if i switch back to the same view just after FS has loaded them it still has to reload them, everywhere i look it has to reload the textures, i know normally if you dont look in a certain direction for a while it has to load them but normally with me if i then look back 5 minutes leter it doesnt have to load them. Sorry for the long winded way of saying it but somewhere along the line there is something wrong with FS loading textures, can you think of anything that might relate to that?Cheers,Nathanial

Looks like you're running out of texture space for FS and it's forced to swap textures in and out of memory when it needs to. At this I can't think of anything else to try. Try posting this question over on the general FS forum and see if anyone there has any ideas.Sorry, and best of luck.