Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

WINDS in the FM of the 744 ?

Wanted to ask if the 744 will have this function available to put in wind direction and knots at certain way points - like in real - so the flight time can be calculated exacty.GreetingsMarek

>Wanted to ask if the 744 will have this function available to>put in wind direction and knots at certain way points - like>in real - so the flight time can be calculated exacty.>>>Greetings>>Marek You are not able to put such information into the FMC on the real 747. What there is on the real aircraft and the PMDG 747 is the ability to have DES FORECAST that have ALTITUDE/WIND DIRECTION/SPD inputs for DESCENTS only. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Randy,I think he means the RTE DATA page for entering the CRZ winds.

Guest joerg_744

Hi,in the real 744, each legs page has a corresponding RTE DATA page, where you can insert temperature and wind data for different altidutdes at every waypoint. The RTE DATA page can be selected by pressing 6R in the LEGS page.Whis this information (as well as the descent forcast information), the FMC can predict arrival time and fuel at the destination very accurate.I hope we will find the RTE DATA pages and the descent forecast page in the PMDG 747Best regards,Joerg Wilms

Guest Ray CYYZ

So is that a No or a Misunderstood Yes?Climb/Descent doesn't really amount to a lot of time in a 744 vs Cruise.I would kinda expect the data pages to function unless it's another of those evil MSFS things that makes it useless.Ray

Opps yep you are Raymond, and YES we have the RTE DATA page and entries.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Exactly thats what i mean. Wanna put in wind speed and direction at certain Waypoints so the flight time can be calculated accuratly. Will the 744 have this feature cause the A 330/340 product doesnt have it.Marek

Guest e9425262

Hi,regarding that issue i have the following question:Some airlines get there winds/temps for the waypoints via UPLINK from e.g. Jeppesen direct into there RouteData Page so that they don't have to enter it manualy.Is that also possible in the PMDG 747 FMC e.g. to get the data from ASV or another weatherprovider?ThanksThomas

Guest CS-THV

>Will the 744 have this feature cause the A 330/340 product doesnt have it.????? PMDG never made a 330/340.

>Exactly thats what i mean. Wanna put in wind speed and>direction at certain Waypoints so the flight time can be>calculated accuratly. Bear in mind such winds are only **predicted** winds. Flight time can never be calcluated "accurately" because there is always some error in the wind prediction. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg