Sign in to follow this  
Guest e9425262

PMDG and ActiveSky - New SDK for ASV announced

Guest e9425262

Hi,i have just found in the forum of ASV that a SDK for ASV has been announced with an interesting feature (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=171&topic_id=19371&mesg_id=19371&page=):- Ability to read Precipitation/Radar dataI know that for the upcoming 747 it is too late and that it will not have a weather radar displayed but maybe PMDG could add the Weatherradar as the ASV-SDK seems to make that possible in a patch after the 747 has been released?Any comments welcome!Thomas

Guest McFly

This is a very interesting development. Has PMDG had a chance to look at this yet?Terry

Guest Panman

To h

ha...forget the predictions. how about reading via acars user requested metars:-)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Erups

>forget the predictions. how about reading via acars user>requested metarsFmc? the hall!Working emergency fuel dump system!That's what's really needed.Now don't you think?:D

Guest Matze2912

Hopefully there will be an SU1 then to the B744 including an Radar :( Matthias

Guest Panman

Go back, read what I wrote, read it again and again until you comprehend what I wrote.Aaron-oOo-

Gee Aron, what's the problem - woke up on the wrong side did you?Personally I never understood why a weather radar couldn't be included in a PMDG a/c. I've been using Active Radar since I bought Active Sky and I think it works just fine showing me any precipitation around me and the severity of the weather.So...why couldn't this kind of weather radar be included in a PMDG a/c as well?

Richard Åsberg

>>forget the predictions. how about reading via acars user>>requested metars>>Fmc? the hall!>Working emergency fuel dump system!>That's what's really needed.>Now don't you think?>:D And what makes you think that the most advanced aircraft ever created for MSFS does not already have that ability? ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

>Gee Aron, what's the problem - woke up on the wrong side did>you?>>Personally I never understood why a weather radar couldn't be>included in a PMDG a/c. I've been using Active Radar since I>bought Active Sky and I think it works just fine showing me>any precipitation around me and the severity of the weather.>>So...why couldn't this kind of weather radar be included in a>PMDG a/c as well? Because AS's radar is not realistic. MSFS does not provide any way to make it "accurate", one can fake it but rest assured there is no radar like it appears on any real aircraft, not even close. And even if one developes one it would have to have 100% weather+clouds to work, how many can swing that? This is a MSFS limitation or better lack of details provided for developers to make it work. What good is a weather radar that is not accurate? [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Hi Randy,I've read this answer before but exactly in what way isn't it realistic/accurate?In my case, it has always matched the actual weather I see when looking 'out of the cockpit' or more important the weather conditions ahead of me.

Richard Åsberg