Sign in to follow this  
Guest RAR_Fan

757-767-777 Aircraft

Guest RAR_Fan

I guess this is directed to PMDG folks, as I read about the 757-767 created to use Fly1.At some point, you discontinued these A/C (sorry just got tired of looking at 600+ pages! in this forum :-) and wanted to know if you have any plans to get these birds in the air again.Know yours hands are busy, but is any of the code for these birds resuable?Thanks,GerryP.S. Rob's a sure thing at the Reno Air Races this year! :-beerchug

Well not PMDG here but can tell you that the answer would be no. PMDG develope exclusively for MSFS now. Be that as it may, this does not preclude PMDG from developing some of those aircraft for MSFS 9 and beyond..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

I still have my 767 for Fly! and my 757 for Fly! 2 on CD, I would love to "lend" it out, but I'd have to ask PMDG how they feel about that kind of stuff. I remember them being great products, but unfortunately they wern't able to accurately model the suspension of the main gear on either of those planes, so it didn't quite look right from an outside view.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest RAR_Fan

Jeff,Thanks for the generous offer, however I've read some horror stories (way back on this forum) of installation nighmares, and wierd things about Fly!.Any thoughts on this?Thanks,Gerry

Guest Babubhai

fly! is history...I too dream of a PMDG Boeing 777 for MSFS :)

+1 for sophisticated and acurately modeled (PMDG style) triple 7!Dmitriy.

To be honest, Fly!2 is a pain as far as getting it to an acceptable level of quality. Installation is usually quick and painless, and there is a final patch that includes all the patches released for Fly! 2, after that, getting the sky and land to look right is a killer pain as there are many files to download and many tweaks you need to make if you want an acceptable sim. Other than that performance is great even when I had my old Radeon 9600 XT. It's long been off my hardrive as MSFS has now surpassed it in many areas. It was at one time the only sim I used. Infact, I went from FS 4 to FS 98, skipped 2000 while I enjoyed the fly series and then resumed MSFS with 2002 and now MSFS 9. As far as fly! goes, it's now very outdated and haven't used it since fly!2.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I have to agree with everything above. At some point FLY!2k was my favorite sim. This was in fact the product that got me interested in the flight simulation in the first place. I participated in beta testing of FLY!II and had great expectations for this version and almost dreamed of it as a potential MSFS "killer". But I ended up being very disappointed in pretty much everything related to FLYII and abandoned this product altogether. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Ah you remember that Wilco? 737 for Fly!? That was a kick and of course the PMDG 767 rated as one of the best ever ;-) ahhh memories... Hey Michael, take a loook at this Alsaka Scenery here I postedhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=205530&page= SWEET man, a must have....[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest RAR_Fan

Thanks for Your Replies!Just wana thank everone who replied to my query :-)Your information is invaluable, which is why I come back to the PMDG forum often.Newbees: FYI: This is why PMDG makes an excellent product!!!!Thanks to all who replied, and keep up the good work PMDG!!! :-beerchug Gerry

Guest Newflyer

Just wanted to say that if you're looking for a 767, look no further than LDS, and their upcoming 757 should be great, just think. A 737 from PMDG, 747 from PMDG, 757 from LDS, and 767 from LDS, as others have said, all we need now is a 777 from PMDG.

Guest WA

As far as i'm concerned PMDG may do a 767/757 aswel. Cheers,Willem

Guest Newflyer

I don't think it's necessary, LDS is fantastico, I really don't know how you'd improve on it, and I'd be willing to say that the 757 will be the same, PMDG should do something that hasn't been done before, to capture the largest market share, like a 777.

>PMDG should do something that>hasn't been done before, to capture the largest market share,>like a 777.Saw that one coming a mile away. I really don't get why everyone wants a 777? Just because it's the latest and greatest from Boeing? I'm not sure...it still has me puzzled. Personally I just want someone to do it so every will stop asking for one. I think the 777 is a great airplane, but I think PMDG's time is better spent else-where.