Sign in to follow this  
Guest RAR_Fan

757-767-777 Aircraft

777 is, for me, the most handsome modern heavy iron ever made. I still miss the good old days with PSS777 in FS2002 (the only thing I still kind of miss of FS2002).I really wish PMDG would make those breath-taking GE engines roar again in FS.Jason Zhang

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest neil_b

Well, with PSS doing the 757 and 777. I'd be suprised if PMDG did them next. Seems to me it would be somewhat pointless in this small industry to have direct competing products.I, for one, would love to see an A340-600. Theres no commercial offering and as much as I like the PSS Airbus theres a lot of realism missing that I know PMDG could take a good stab at.

Guest Alogan

>777 is, for me, the most handsome modern heavy iron ever>made. I still miss the good old days with PSS777 in FS2002>(the only thing I still kind of miss of FS2002).>>I really wish PMDG would make those breath-taking GE engines>roar again in FS.>>Jason ZhangIt's handsome all right, but you really need the mighty Rolls-Royce Trent - now that's an engine! For sound RR beat any other engine manufacturer hands down.

That's exactly why PMDG should try to make a 777. Because while PSS is indeed good at making airplanes (and I'm sure their new 777 will be great), I'm sure PMDG could easily take their 777 to a new level of realism. The thing is, it's very hard to fly other airplanes once you get used to PMDG's level of realism. A couple years ago I thought nobody would ever be able to pull off something better than the PSS 777 for FS2k2. Now I think its such a simple aircraft...Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest RAR_Fan

I second that! One of the things I liked about PSS 777 was being able to use the tophat of my joystick, to quickly get to the overhead to turn on the Landing Lights & Strobes when cleared for an "immediate takeoff".Liked the clock on the panel as well.Cheers!Gerry

Guest neil_b

>That's exactly why PMDG should try to make a 777. Because>while PSS is indeed good at making airplanes (and I'm sure>their new 777 will be great), I'm sure PMDG could easily take>their 777 to a new level of realism.I don't doubt they would make an awesome 777. My point is that in the fairly small market of FS products. If you have 2 indentical models then the small market you have gets even smaller. So in terms of money, it might not make the most sense to offer a product that is already out there. Especially when you consider that both PMDG and PSS create highly detailed aircraft.If it were a dream world all aircraft would be of the level of detail and realism of PMDG. And we'd get 50 fps on our P133's ;)

The topic has been brought up before. PMDG hinted that the next project after md-11 will be 777.And it makes sense...They wont do airbus....so whats left.Pretty simple.Capn Oz

Peter Osborn

>777 is, for me, the most handsome modern heavy iron ever>made. I still miss the good old days with PSS777 in FS2002>(the only thing I still kind of miss of FS2002).>>I really wish PMDG would make those breath-taking GE engines>roar again in FS.>>Jason ZhangAnd , Jason, the ability to import a flightplan from FS straight into the FMC (great for beginners) was a great feature of the PSS777 as well as the ability to graft those panels on to any other aircraft. I love the PMDG 738/9 but like you still have a soft spot for the PSS777. The 744 wasn't bad either.Another Gerry

Guest ph-ndr

I usually lurk here and haven't read too much lately, but one thing struck me as I was reading Flying the other day. Why all this Boeing/Airbus focus? What about the Gulfstream G550? Now there's a great piece of kit!-Alexander