Sign in to follow this  
Guest McGraw

No landing gear visible and "don't think" in instant replay

Guest McGraw

I've done a search for instant replay and none of the threads mentioned this so here goes.Whenever I replay a take off or landing to capture screenshots, the landing gear isn't shown. The aircraft just floats along the runway with the nose gear door open.Also, the First Officer is constantly saying what sounds like "don't think".Can anyone explain what's going on?Thanks a lot.

Guest Knikolaes

Wierd . . . . whenever I do instant replay usually the gear stay DOWN and everything ELSE works fine. LOL.As for the "Don't Sink", that is due to the advanced coding of the PMDG simulator. This also happens in other advanced products such as PSS and LDS. The simulator while in instant replay really is not communicating with the panel and thus the panel thinks you are flying independent of whatever settings you may have REALLY had when flying.Thus -- no way to get rid of the audibles. However on the gear I am stumped. See, the coding of the FS and it's limitations keep it to locking in currently active "conditions" that certain aircraft have.For instance . . . . default AC in instant replay have gear that work great, but for some reason on my machine add-ons rarely have the same effect. I'll have gear down even as far as 400 seconds before landing.**shrug**Hope that helps at least lead you to some troubleshooting. Good luck.

Jonathon,I had exactly the same problem and it drove me mad. Other people said set the park brake at the end of the touch down roll out, set the replay to 80 seconds etc and nothing worked. It only happened every third or fourth time and mainly with other add ons but god it was a pain. It really only went away when I went to FS9 and the PMDG 800/900. It turned out to be an unsolvable problem associated with fs2002 and no one ever was able to suggest a fix for it. Are you are using FS2002 by the way?Gerry

Guest McGraw

Thanks for the input.I'm using fs2004 800/900ng.This happens everytime.I love to screenshot so I am desperate for this to be sorted.

Guest Knikolaes

Aye, the same issue is the exact same for both 2002 and 2004.

Guest neeraj.pendse

Does not happen to me on FS9 with PMDG, but did happen with some other add ons a while back ...The POSKY planes have a problem with the reply: it's not exactly as you mention, but similar -> let's say I am on the approach (300 sec out) with gear IN. Then I forward to 60 sec in, to a point where my plane had already landed. The sim places the replay at the right point, but the gear has NOT come down yet, and so their is an ENGINE STRIKE! Then the gear comes down and the plane "lifts" itslelf.Weird.

Guest Knikolaes

LOL THis is wierd.My windows crashed last night and I just got through with reinstalling for the opast 13 hours . . . . Just did an instant replay and for the first time I can remember the gear and EVERYTHING worked.Makes me wonder if sometimes an add-on install can mess up the replay files somewhat **shrugs**It's wierd though, having a fresh install of FS with only my favorite add-ons . . . . . takes LESS than 5 minutes to boot FS **smiles**

It is very common to get that aural warning: "don't think" specially after a resolution advisory from TCAS. I believe the full phrase is "don't think, Just Climb". I wouldn't know why the airplane is saying this during landing. ;)Sorry. Stupid joke I know. Couldn;t help it though.BTW that reminded me of a famous real Chicago ATC transmission that went something like: "Climb like you're life depends on it ... because it does."http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg